12 Day Tour package Greece, Athens, Delphi, Meteora...
Combine sightseeing with pleasure with our 12-Day tour Package in Greece and enjoy the ultimate chauffeured experience and our experienced guided tours! Visit Athens, Delphi, Meteora and the islands of Santorini and Crete! Start with sightseeing in Athens and stroll in the picturesque narrow streets in Plaka.
Visit Delphi that was regarded as the center of the world, because of its location, as you are going to find out and the Ancient Oracle, where is said that Pythia delivered oracles! Dare to get excited about Meteora, the ageless monasteries that combine both historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. You will also visit two picturesque traditional villages, Arahova and Kastraki with their traditional Greek tavernas, where you can taste the traditional Greek food and experience the Greek Hospitality!
Visit the most romantic island in Greece, Santorini, with the magnificent sunset! Swim in the thermal waters, known for their therapeutic benefits, visit the active volcano, and dine under the orange-red color of the sun as it sets! Visit the Palace of Knossos and at the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion and learn about the rich lifestyle which began circa 2000 BC! Take the private tour we have organized for you to visit the Kournas Lake, the Arkadi monastery, the most historic monastery of Crete and the traditional village of Margarites with the ceramic ateliers. You should also take the cruise to Gramvousa, which is a tourist attraction today due to the Venetian castle, and the exotic Ballos beach, with the blend of glowing white and pink sand and the unbelievable lagoon waters bands!
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY:
- Our driver will meet and assist you at Athens airport and transfer you at your hotel. Free time for yourself. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 2: ATHENS SIGHTSEEING:
- We will pick you up from your Hotel at 08.30 to start the Athens City Tour. Offering a perfect overview of the modern city, this brilliant tour in Athens will help you get your bearings if this is your first visit to Athens. We start with a panoramic city tour with photo stop at Panathinaiko Stadium. Proceed, passing by Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus, Athens Trilogy. Continue passing by National Garden, Hadrian’s Arc, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown soldier, Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, Russian Orthodox Church, and finally visit the ACROPOLIS (visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens). Continue the expert guided Athens sightseeing and museum tour with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and the Dionysus Theater, in order to visit the ACROPOLIS museum. Main attractions such as votives, artifacts of everyday life, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and of course the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze, will impress you. You can walk at the beautiful narrow street at Plaka and Monastiraki area to see and admire the Greek culture. A city tour in Athens is never completed, without a lunch at one of the traditional taverns, at the traditional area of Plaka that we can advise you about and you can choose! The duration of the tour is about 6-7 hours. Overnight in Athens.
DAY: 3: ATHENS -DELPHI - METEORA:
- We will pick you up from your Hotel at 08.30 and in about two and a half hours, we will arrive at Delphi area. We will visit the Archaeological site of Delphi and Castalia Spring. We will see the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo, famous for its oracle. We will pay a visit also at the Delphi museum. Our next our short stop is at the traditional winter village of Arachova, at 1000 meters altitude, the best winter resort of Greece. There you can buy hand-made pastries, cheeses, spices, and many other local product! You can also have lunch at a traditional Greek tavern, before we depart for Meteora. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora)
Day 4: METEORA - ATHENS:
- Our driver pick you up from your hotel at 09:00 in order to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included in the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque village of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! Afterwards, return to Athens with a short stop at Thermopiles, where you can admire the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of soldiers of the Persian Empire. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 5: ATHENS - SANTORINI ISLAND:
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel at 06.00 to transfer you to Piraeus Port to take the Ferry departing at 07.00 for the famous Santorini Island. Upon your arrival, you will meet our driver who will transfer you at your hotel. Free time for yourself. Overnight in Santorini
DAY 6: SANTORINI ISLAND - (OPTIONAL) SUNSET CRUISE TOUR TO VOLCANO IN SANTORINI INCLUDED BUFFET ON BOARD
- Pick you up from your hotel around noon to have our first stop at the famous volcano of Santorini! You will stay at the volcanic island for 1.5hr and in the end you will embark again to our boat for the next stop. Our next stop will be the island of Palea Kameni where the famous hot springs are located on the west side. We will stop there for 30min at a distance of 30 meters from the shallow waters of Agios Nicholaos’ beach. Dinner on Board Sailing above the underwater craters from Palia Kameni to Thirasia Island, the boat will anchor close to the island in order to enjoy your dinner. Our experienced staff will prepare everything for you so as to relax and enjoy our Greek tasteful buffet while capturing amazing photos of the Aegean Sea. The end of the excursion comes on sunset time. Our boat will stop very close to Oia village where you will have the chance to watch the warm light of the setting sun under the violet sky before the night falls. This is the most unforgettable experience as the Caldera and the village of Oia will turn into gold color. Your trip with Aphrodite in this sanctuary of romance is going to be in your memories and your hearts forever! Dinner includes: traditional Greek salad, Tzatziki sauce, chicken roll and pork roll with baked potatoes and rice, local white wine and fresh fruits. Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 7: SANTORINI: TOUR AT EXCAVATION OF AKROTIRI, VILAGGES & WINE TOUR: (OPTIONAL )
- Our bus will pick you up from your hotel to start this excellent Village & Wine tour in Santorini. We will visit the village Megalochori to admire the Cycladic culture and we will pass by the famous Red Beach or black beach. We will visit Pyrgos village that is the highest point of the island with magnificent panoramic view to take memorable photos! Our next stop is at a perfect winery in Santorini, tasting the local wines with finger food admiring the famous with panoramic view! We will also pay a visit at the old city of Akrotiri one of the most important archaeological site in Greece, that present the Bronze Age. Walk through the streets past 4,000-year-old buildings with unique frescoes. Our official guide will explain everything about the Excavation of Akrotiri. The tour takes about 6 hours. The same tour take place on private based, ask for it. Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 8: SANTORINI ISLAND - CRETE ISLAND:
- We will transfer you to Santorini port to take the ferry departing at 17.45 to Heraklion, Crete, arriving there at 19.40. Our local driver will meet you there, he will assist you with your luggage and then transfer you to your hotel. Overnight in Heraklion.
DAY 9: CRETE - TOUR IN KNOSSOS & ARCHAELOGICAL MUSEUM - CHANIA:
- At 09.00 o’ clock, our driver will pick you up from your hotel and approximately 20 minutes later we will arrive in Knossos. The special Private tour at the Palace of Knossos and at the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion means you will have plenty of time at the sites as the tour is flexible, you will have many stops around etc.! Knossos flourished for approximately two thousand years. It had large palace buildings, extensive workshop installations and luxurious rock-cut cave and tholos tombs. As a major center of trade and economy, Knossos maintained ties with the majority of cities in the Eastern Mediterranean. You will have the unique opportunity to visit the Palace of Knossos in Crete, to learn about the rich lifestyle which began circa 2000 BC and was typified by magnificent monumental buildings and a complex social structure. You will also visit the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion and explore the beautiful old town as well as the old market of Heraklion. You will also taste the worldwide famous Cretan cuisine and feel the Cretan hospitality! Finally, we will make a quick walk at the Old Market of the town and then our driver will transfer you at the city of Chania for Overnight
DAY 10: CHANIA CRETE - DAY CRUISE TO GRAMVOUSA & THE EXOTIC BALLOS BEACH (OPTIONAL ):
- We travel west through the outskirts of Chania to the port of Kastelli. Here, a boat will take you to the small island of Gramvoussa with its imposing Venetian castle and breathtaking views. After 2 hours of staying, the boat will take you to the lagoon and the exotic beach of Balos. With the white sand and the turquoise water, reminding of the Caribbean, the fabulous clear water of the lagoon and the white coral sand makes an irresistible paradise for all guests! Chania for Overnight
DAY 11: CHANIA - ATHENS: TOUR IN OLD CITY OF RETHYMNO –KOURNA LAKE & TRADITIONAL VILLAGES - ARKADI MONASTERY: (OPTIONAL)
- You will walk at the narrow streets of the old town of Rethymno that is offering a journey back to time, the Venetians, the Ottoman aesthetics and the Cretan original pride. Next our stop will be at the Kournas Lake that is the ideal place for a daytrip. Kournas Lake is lying in a small valley among mountains and high hills. Both the lake and its natural surroundings are very picturesque. Our next stop will be at the Arkadi Monastery, as it is the most historic monastery of Crete and it has been designated by UNESCO. We will reach at the most traditional village in Crete, located in picturesque green rolling hills. This village is well known for its pottery and it is called "Margarites". Being the most important center of ceramics industry in Crete this is the must-see. Margarites, is a village with Venetian roots, mentioned by sixteenth-century travelers. It is so beautiful to stroll around this very charming narrow streets of the villages. Enjoy your visit at the ceramics ateliers. The duration of the tour is about 8 hours. Today you can start the tour at 08.30 and at the end of the tour can get the flight to Athens departing at 17.40 to reach in Athens at 18.40. Our driver will meet you at Athens Airport and transfer you at your hotel in Athens. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 12: DEPARTURE DAY:
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you at Athens airport, according to your flight details.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Acropolis, Acropolis Museum
- Walking tour in Plaka & Panoramic city tour Athens
- Cruise tour to famous exotic Beach of Ballos in Crete
- Cruise tour to famous Beach of Gramvousa
- Cruise tour to Volcano, Hot Springs, Thirasia Islands
- Traditional Village of Margarites in Crete
- Visit the village of Ceramic Industry
- Walking tour at Old Town of Rethymno
- Visit the old town iof Chania
- Arkadi Monastery in Rethymno
- Santorini, Volcano, Thirasia e.t.c
- Caldera Sunset
- Palace of Knossos in Heraklion
- Archaeological Museum at Heraklion
- Private car or Minivan with English speaking driver
- Transfer from/to Athens airport/hotel
- Transfer from Hotel in Athens to Piraeus port
- Private transfers from/to port/airport/hotel in each Island
- Private Tour in Athens
- Private Tour in Palace of Knossos & Archaeological Museum of Heraklion
- Cruise tour to Volcano in Santorini
- Domestic flight tickets from Chania airport Crete to Athens airport
- Fast ferry tickets from Piraeus Port - Santorini - Crete Island
- 11 Nights' Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast
- Welcome bag with gifts upon your arrival
- All taxes
- Meals & Personal expenses
- Entrance fees at the Archaeological sites
- Tour Guide
- Optional tours
- Hotel city tax
The suitable period is from 25 of March till 31 of October. In winter period the shipping companies stop the routes between the Islands. Of course you can travel at the Greek Islands with Air fair tickets. Just let us know.
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and have well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but are not official guides.
You have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip
You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you
You can book tour leader to accompany to you
You can book local tour guide in each area
Type of transportation
We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Pickup & drop off in Athens
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
Transfers in Mykonos & Santorini
Our local driver will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel. Upon our meeting in Athens we will gives you o folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact number in each area.
We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
In Santorini your hotel located at "Kamari area" of course we can make upgrade at the hotel, and to offer you accommodation in Imerovilgi, Fira town or Oia with extra suplement, jsut ask us.
Customized private tours
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
About ferry & air tickets
We will provide you FAST FERRY TICKETS in order to spend more time in each Island. Sometimes the ferry route can be changed depend from the shipping company schedule. In any case we will modify the program accordingly. We can provided you AIR TICKETS instead off ferry tickets with extra supplement, just ask us.
The hotel city tax is
1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.