All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
Private Tour to Highlights of Naxos
A great private tour in Naxos as this Island is one of the most interesting destinations in Greece comprising ancient past and impressive monuments with beautiful natural landscape. You will visit historical sites with Byzantine Churches, out of the beaten tracks, with beautiful frescoes inside, Venetian towers...
traditional & picturesque villages in the mountains, different natural landscapes & sceneries along the way (green valleys, olive groves, orchards, high mountains). You can also taste some local mountain honey, see the local artists and artisans (ceramics, traditional fabrics, local products…). Today you are going to see and experience the real Naxos with the help of native our Naxian local driver. That’s a nice way to get a taste of the Greek everyday life on the island.
The tour is absolutely private and the duration is about is 6 hours.
- Pick you up from your hotel at to start our private tour in Naxos with our first visit in Naxos is the impressive marble gate, temple of Apollo, “Portara” temple of Apollo, “Portara” stands still since the 6th century BC. According to mythology, the god Dionysus met Ariadni there, who had been abandoned by Thesseus. The Temple of Demeter in the village Sangri is a magnificent temple on the Cycladic island of Naxos. The temple was built around 6th century BC and is one of the earliest Ionic temples. It was built completely from Naxian marble.
- The small village of Damalas, spread in amphitheatric fashion at the foot of Lagos hill offers fantastic panoramic view. Presently inhabitants are few but with a keen of hospitality and preserving their culture and traditions. The village of Damalas, has a strong tradition in pottery due to the clayey soil in the area.
- Halki (Chalki) village used to be the capital of the island. Here is The mansion of the Vallindra Kitron distillery is at the heart of the village and can be entered gratis.We will pay a visit of the site where the Kitron liqueur made from Citron leaves is produced. The tour provides plenty of interesting facts and you can see the workings of the distillery.
- We will have a special visit to the orthodox temple of Panagia Drossiani , a small but impressive temple , one of the oldest in greece , having still remainings of the initial holy paintings dated to the 8th century ac , fact which make the church a rare gem
- Next stop will be the picturesque Apiranthos village with its unique architecture, its imposing towers and its traditional marble paved alleays.
- We will visit Apollonas village is beautiful fishing village which has been inhabited since antiquity, probably on account of the marble quarry. Here is the Kouros of Apollonas, also called the Colossus of Dionysus, is a 10.7 metre tall unfinished statue of light grey Naxian marble with a weight of around 80 tonnes.
- Back to Naxos we will pass by the tower of Agia and village of Eggares. The duration of the private tour is about 6 hours.
- The Temple of Apollo, “Portara”
- The Temple of Demeter
- The small village of Damalas
- Halki (Chalki) village
- The mansion of the Vallindra Kitron distillery
- The orthodox Temple of Panagia Drossiani
- The picturesque Apiranthos village
- Apollonas Village & the Kouros of Apollonas
- The tower of Agia and village of Eggares
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel
- Private transportation
- English speaking driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- All taxes
- Entrance fees at Akrotiri & at Winery
- Meals & personal expenses
In order to take full advantage of your tour in Greece, we suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 15 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 14 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece