All year, any time that you want.
9 Day Tour in Classical Greece & Zakynthos Island...
With this 9 day self-drive tour package you will have the chance to visit some of the most important archeological sites in Greece such as Ancient Corinth, Ancient Olympia. Also, visit the unique island of Zakynthos known for the famous Shipwreck and the the Blue caves and nevertheless Laganas and Kalamaki gulf full of turtles swimming in the seawater.
Special visit to the beautiful and historical village of Dimitsana located above Lousios River and Nafplio which was the first capital city of Greece and is well known for its fortresses and the narrow stone pathways in the old city. Our experienced staff will provide information for planning an itinerary, road trip routes and tips and many other recommendations for each place. Hire a car and you are ready to explore Peloponnese and Zakynthos with our self-drive holiday package. This self-drive road trip, is the safest and most affordable option. In addition, we created the best road trips through a modern road network that makes our travels easy and safe.
Day 1: ATHENS – EPIDAURUS - NAFPLIO
- Our office representative will meet you at your hotel at about 08.30 to deliver you the car so that to start your self-drive road trip. You will drive yourself through the famous Corinth Canal where you should make a short stop for photos. Afterwards you will reach at Ancient Corinth where you will walk at the same paths that the famous personality of Apostle Paul walked. Continue to visit Epidaurus where you will see the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus of the 15.000 spectators and the breathtaking acoustics. Later on the afternoon you will continue your self-driving trip to Nafplio. Nafplio is one of the most historic cities of the region, full of spectacular monuments and sights that have stories that span from the ancient times to the medieval. Overnight in Nafplio.
Day 2: NAFPLIO –MYCENAE - DIMITSANA -- ANCIENT OLYMPIA
- After your breakfast, you will continue your excellent self-driving experience with a visit to Mycenae the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Royal Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. Afterwards you will drive to Dimitsana. The beautiful and historical Village of Dimitsana, is located on two facing hills “Agia Paraskevi & “Castro” above the River Lousios. After your lunch, you will finish your day at Ancient Olympia for check in at your hotel. Overnight in Olympia
Day 3: OLYMPIA – KYLLINI – ZAKYNTHOS
- Today you will start your day with a visit at the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C. The temple of Zeus is located there and it is the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. You will also visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. After that you will leave with your rented car for Kylini port to take the ferry depart about 15.15 to reach Zakynthos port about 16.15 (after 1 hour). Check in at your hotel and then day at leisure. After your rest you can explore the center of Zakynthos and to have a dinner at a traditional taverna. Overnight in Zakynthos
Day 4: ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND:
- Today, we suggest you an excellent cruise to Shipwreck & Blue Caves. The boat cruise departs at 09:00 and returns about 17:00. First stop is the Blue Caves. Here the rays of sun hit the water and it changes color. These caves have a magical turquoise shade that changes into emerald green. Next stop is the Shipwreck. This beach is well known throughout the world. The waters here are clear blue but deep. We spend 1 1/2 hours here in order to enjoy your swim. Your program continues with a 10 min photo stop at Porto Vromi, then our boat pulls up next to the Agalas Caves and the Keri Caves for a reasonable amount of time to admire the beauty of nature. A big photo stop includes the Turtle Island. The whole gulf of Laganas and Kalamaki are full of turtles swimming in the seawater. The Turtles are huge but so friendly and you can swim together. Another major swim stop is in the area of St Nickolas, Basilikos where the boat anchors for about an hour. In the afternoon about 17.00 you will return at Marina and return at your hotel. Overnight in Zakynthos.
Day 5: ZAKYNTHOS
- Today you will have the chance to drive yourself around Zakynthos and enjoy the wonderful beaches and the traditional villages that the island offers. Overnight in Zakynthos.
Day 6: ZAKYNTHOS - DELPHI.
- Today you will start your self drive road trip with an early breakfast since you have to take the ferry to Kyllini at 08.00 so that to reach at Kyllini after 1 hour about 09.00 and continue your trip to Delphi area. Driving there you will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest bridges in Europe. Then you may head to Naupactus, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, and after lunch continue to Delphi for check in to your hotel. Overnight in Delphi.
Day 7: DELPHI - METEORA
- After your breakfast you can get your hired car in order to continue your self-drive holidays, with a visit at the famous archeological site of Delphi. You will see the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre, with a capacity that exceeds 5,000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi. Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, you can visit the traditional winter village of Arachova and have a coffee or lunch break. Depart from Arachova and driving through Central Greece you will arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight Meteora.
Day 8: METEORA - ATHENS
- Today, you will complete your self-driving vacations with a visit at Meteora enjoying a unique and implosive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. You are going to visit the first great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! Your second visit may be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items at the museum inside the monastery! Afterwards, you will complete your self-driving tour with your return in Athens. Overnight in Athens.
Day 9: SELF-GUIDEDTOUR ATHENS & CAPE SOUNIO
- After your breakfast you can get your hired car to start a brilliant Athens Sel-drive City Tour. Drive through the Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games of the modern times took place in 1896. You will visit Zappeion, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and the Trilogy, which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, ACROPOLIS & ACROPOLIS museum. You can walk at the beautiful narrow street at Plaka and Monastiraki area to see and admire the Greek culture. It is a wonderful idea to complete your slef-drive tour with a visit to Cape Sounio. Overnight in Athens. (Next morning our office representative will meet with you at your hotel to pick up the rented car)
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insuranc
- Monument of Leonidas in Thermopiles
- Monasteries of Meteora,
- Pertouli Village
- Metsovo - Tzoumerka / Kalarrytes Village
- City of Ioannina, the Castle & he Island of "Ali Pascha"
- Papigo Villages
- Complex of Zagorochoria Villages
- Cosmopolitan Village of Arachova
- Kalavryta Village
- Dimitsana Village
- Villages of Stemnitsa & Lagkadia
- The "Vine Tree of Pausanias"
- The "Ancient Pyramid" at Elliniko area
- The monastery of "Panagia Agnoudos"
- Cave of Lakes in Kalavryta
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Romantic city of Nauplio
- Archaeological site of Delphi
- Archaeological site of Ancient Olympia
- Coastline city of City of Naupaktos
- Self-Drive Planned Itinerary
- 9 Night's Hotel Accommodation
- Daily breakfast at your hotel
- Car Rental with free Kilometers
- 9 day Car Insurance with CDW & Theft Waiver
- 24H Call support - 24H Road Assistance
- Welcome bag upon our meeting
- Mineral water & Tissues upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Meals and personal expenses
- Private Driver (available with extra cost)
- Fuel, Tolls
- Hotel City tax
- Pay close attention to speed limits: Besides the road condition you must pay attention to speed limits and signs. As there are a lot of traffic cameras in the roads you should be careful not to exceed the speed limit but also the marking, which may be different from what you are used to. Of course, before the fines, we must first think about our safety!
- Two drivers are better than one: Driving for a long time is quite tiring, so make sure everyone changes to the role of driver. Divide the trip into shifts and "share" the steering wheel for a more comfortable and safe journey.
- Prepare your music playlist: Road trips are better with music! Prepare a road trip playlist in advance and choose your lovely music that will satisfy the whole company.
- Road maps may come in handy: Cell phones and GPS may run out of battery at some point or be out of reception. Make sure that you have a power cable so you can charge from the vehicle (or a power bank). In the worst case scenario, a traditional road map will be very useful to you in case everything else fails.
- We suggest you have local tour guides in each area
- Our experienced team can arrange for you to meet local tour guides in each place in order to make your road trip more exciting and full of information
- We are the owner of car rental company www.premiumrentacar.gr with a wide range of fleet options such as Minivans, SUVs & Sedans; that's why we are as competitive as possible.
- From 1 to 5 persons, we suggest sedan cars, type VW Passat, Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats or similar
- From 6 to 9 persons, we suggest a Minivan type Mercedes Vito, fully air-conditioned or similar
- If you are scheduled to arrive at Athens airport we can provide you a transfer from Athens Airport to your Hotel or Piraeus port and the next day we will deliver the car at your most convenient place to start the road trip.
- For travelers which are not EU residents is required international driving license ID
- Minimum age 25
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) / Security deposit - Credit card is required for CDW
- Our driver will deliver your rental car at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it, will help you with your luggage and escort you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
- Afterwards, he will provide you all the necessary documents for your self-drive road trip in Greece.
- We provide you mixed of 3* & 4* star hotels or boutique hotels, depends the availability.
- After your request received, we will send you our suggested hotels. Note that we will be will able to confirm you the hotels on the time that you will proceed with the booking.
- You can extend your self-drive holidays and our staff can arrange your accommodation and extension of your car rental one day prior to the start of your self-drive tour or after the completion of your tour.
Our self-drive tours are customizable. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order your self-drive tour to be modified and adjusted by & to you.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Atreus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monastery of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Vergina
- 8 euro / person for Pella
- 8 euro / person for Dion
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.