All year, any time that you want.
7 Day Self-Drive Holiday, Pelion, Skiathos Island...
Book this exceptional 7 day self-drive holidays package and explore some majestic destinations, visit archaeological sites of great importance, tour in Pelion at the "Mount of Centaurs", visit the complex of traditional villages and swim in the sandy beaches with crystal waters in Skiathos & Skopelos famous of 'Mama Mia' film.
You can book online our 7 day of scenic self-driving tour and to save money and no worries as you won't miss nothing from an all-inclusive trip and well organized trip. In order to facilitate your self-driving experience, we will pre install a GPS with the road trip itinerary that you will have already prepare with our experienced stuff. This seld drive vacation trip is ideal for those who love road trips, provides the chance to explore stunning natural scenery, picturesque quiet beaches with turquoise waters and wants to explore the Greek traditional villages.
Enjoy your self-drive tour in Delphi, where Pythia delivered her oracles, and all those at your own pace. Visit Meteora, the creation of God and Man, the complexes of byzantine monasteries, built on the peaks of the rocks and enjoy the unique beauty of the landscape! Visit Skiathos, swim in the famous beach “Koukounaries”. The excellent day cruise to Skopelos, the island where famous "Mama Mia" movie was filmed, is strongly suggested! At the last day of your self-drive vacation, enjoy an Athens city tour, visit iconic Acropolis & Cape Sounio. Do not forget to taste the worldwide known Souvlaki!
1st Day – Athens – Delphi – Meteora:
- Our office representative will meet you at your hotel at about 08.30 to deliver you the car so that to start your self drive road trip. You will drive yourself through the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus and about 2 hours later arrive at Delphi area. Your first stop should be at the wonderful Byzantine Monastery of St. Loukas or at the Monastery of St. John Theologos. Continuing, you will visit the archaeological site of Delphi, Castalia Spring, the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle, Delphi museum etc. Afterwards, and in the freedom provided with this car rental, you will visit the village of Arachova (at 1000 meters altitude), the best winter resort of Greece to enjoy a traditional Greek lunch. Departing from Delphi and driving by yourself through Central Greece you will arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora).
2nd Day - Meteora – Pelion area:
- After your breakfast, you will continue your excellent self driving experience with a visit at the great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! A second visit could be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery! At the end of your visit at the monasteries, go ahead with your well planned self drive holiday, to “Pelion area”, a complex of traditional villages. Pelion is a place of indescribable beauty, irresistibly attractive. Mt Pelion allures all the visitors. With a breath-taking view over the endless sea, settlements that are architectural gems, and an ancient culture, it welcomes myriads of visitors every year. You have enough time to spent there before before continue with your rented car and head at “Makrinitsa” Village. Check in and then have free time to explore the village. Overnight in Makrinitsa of Pelion.
3rd Day - Explore the Villages of Pelion:
- You can begin your self driving experience with an exploration of the mountain of the Centaurs with a first stop at “Portaria" village, with its stunning natural beauty, fresh spring waters, impressive traditional mansions cobble-stoned paths, at an altitude of 650m. Of course you can also make a stop at the Beach “Kala Nera” to enjoy your swim. Another visit will be at Village "Milies", one of the most important villages of Pelion, at an altitude of 250m. At all the villages that you are going to visit, you will admire the distinctive architecture, you can buy local products and folk art and enjoy a dish of old-fashioned preserves at one of the many picturesque cafes, in the unbounded view of the Aegean. The beauty of the self drive holiday packages is at its best with this tour since it gives you the chance to enjoy and allocate your time however you decide. Overnight in Makrinitsa Pelion.
4th Day – Pelion – Skiathos.
- After your breakfast you will continue your self drive holidays with a visit at Volos port to take the ferry to Skiathos Island. Once you reach there, you will continue your drive to your hotel for check in. You will then have free time for yourself and of course your rented car in order to move around at ease and enjoy the rest of the day. Overnight in Skiathos.
5th Day – Skiathos Island - Skopelos Island:
- Today we suggest you an excellent day cruise to Skopelos Island. The boat departs at 10.00 with the 1st stop at St. Ioannis church: you will have 1 hour and 20 min for a swim at the golden green waters at the beach of the church of Agios Ioannis (Saint John), set of "MAMMA MIA" film. Follow the steps to the church at the top and enjoy the fantastic view of the Aegean Sea. Your second stop is at Skopelos port and town, where you will have 1 hour and 15 minutes. Explore Skopelos by walking on the narrow streets of the city! The 3rd stop is at Milia and Kastani beach. Milia is by far the most beautiful beach of Skopelos. Kastani is the so-called “MAMMA MIA" beach, ideal for snap shots. You will be back to Skaithos at 18.00 and return to your hotel for some rest. Overnight in Skiathos.
6th Day – Skiathos - Athens. Day at leisure in Skiathos.
- Today you can enjoy your self drive road trip with a visit at the famous beach “Koukounaries” for a swim until early afternoon that you will need to drive yourself at the port in order to take the ferry to Agios Konstantinos port. Ater reaching at Agios Konstantinos, you will continue your excellent self drive road trip to Athens and reach at your hotel for check in. Overnight in Athens.
7th Day – Athens Sightseeing:
- After your breakfast you can get your hired car in order to start a brilliant Athens Sel-drive City Tour. Drive through the Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games of the modern times took place in 1896. You will visit Zappeion, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Trilogy, which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, ACROPOLIS & ACROPOLIS museum. You can walk at the beautiful narrow street at Plaka and Monastiraki area to see and admire the Greek culture. It is a wonderful idea to complete your slef-drive tour with a visit to Cape Sounio. Overnight in Athens.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Delphi area & Delphi Museum
- Acropolis & Acropolis Museum, Cape Sounio
- Village of Arachova
- The Monastery of Osios Loukas
- The Monasteries of Meteora
- The complex of traditional villages of Pelion
- Skiathos Island
- Skopelos Island
- Self-Drive Planned Itinerary
- 7 Night's Hotel Accommodation
- Daily breakfast at your hotel
- Ferry tickets from Volos Port to Skiathos Island
- Ferry tickets from Skiathos Island to Agios Konstantinos port
- 7 day Car Rental with free Kilometers
- Car Insurance with CDW & Theft Waiver
- 24H Call support - 24H Road Assistance
- Welcome bag upon our meeting
- Mineral water & Tissues upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Meals and personal expenses
- Private Driver (available with extra cost)
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 3 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card
- b/ Require more information
- c/ Pay now only 30% as payment in advance in order your tour to be confirmed
- Pay close attention to speed limits: Besides the road condition you must pay attention to speed limits and signs. As there are a lot of traffic cameras in the roads you should be careful not to exceed the speed limit but also the marking, which may be different from what you are used to. Of course, before the fines, we must first think about our safety!
- Two drivers are better than one: Driving for a long time is quite tiring, so make sure everyone changes to the role of driver. Divide the trip into shifts and "share" the steering wheel for a more comfortable and safe journey.
- Prepare your music playlist: Road trips are better with music! Prepare a road trip playlist in advance and choose your lovely music that will satisfy the whole company.
- Road maps may come in handy: Cell phones and GPS may run out of battery at some point or be out of reception. Make sure that you have a power cable so you can charge from the vehicle (or a power bank). In the worst case scenario a traditional road map will be very useful to you in case everything else fails.
- Our experienced team can arrange for you to meet local tour guides in each place in order to make your road trip more exciting and full of information
- We are the owner of car rental company www.premiumrentacar.gr with a wide range of fleet options such as Minivans, SUVs & Sedans; that's why we are as competitive as possible.
- From 1 to 4 persons we suggest sedan cars, type VW Passat, Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats or similar
- From 5 to 9 persons we suggest a Minivan type Mercedes Vito, fully air-conditioned or similar
- If you are scheduled to arrive at Athens airport we can provide you a transfer from Athens Airport to your Hotel or Piraeus port and the next day we will deliver the car at your most convenient place to start the road trip.
- For travelers which are not EU residents is required international driving license ID
- Minimum age 25
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) / Security deposit - Credit card is required for CDW
Our driver will deliver your rental car at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it, will help you with your luggage and escort you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues. Afterwards, he will provide you all the necessary documents for your self-drive road trip in Greece.
- We provide you 4* star hotels and 3* stars hotels. You can ask for an upgrade in 5* stars hotels
- After your request received, we will send you our suggested hotels. Note that we will be will able to confirm you the hotels on the time that you will proceed with the booking.
- You can extend your self-drive holidays and our staff can arrange your accommodation and extension of your car rental one day prior to the start of your self-drive tour or after the completion of your tour.
Our self-drive tours are absolutely customizable. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order your self-drive tour to be modified and adjusted by & to you.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 5 euros per room per day for 5*star hotels - Paid at the hotel.
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Vergina
- 8 euro / person for Pella
- 8 euro / person for Dion
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.