All year, any time that you want.
4 Day Self-Drive Tour, Mycenae, Delphi, Olympia, Meteora...
Book this 4-day self-driving classical tour in Greece we have created for you and visit the Ancient Greece. Book online our proposed self-drive tour package in Argolis, Delphi, Olympia and Meteora and enjoy the ultimate experience of travelling in Greece. You will visit the ancient theater of Epidaurus, Nafplio Mycenae & ancient Olympia.
Our experienced staff will provide insights for planning an itinerary, road trip routes and tips and many other recommendations for each place. Hire a car and you are ready to explore Greece with our self-drive holiday package that includes, hotels accommodation, on call support & pre-programmed GPS. This self-drive road trip is the safest and most affordable option. In addition, we created the best road trips through a modern road network that makes our travels easy and safe. You can, in a short time, reach wonderful parts of Western Greece and the Peloponnese.
DAY 1: ATHENS - ARGOLIS - ANCIENT OLYMPIA:
- Our office representative will meet you either at your hotel or at the airport to deliver you the car you have rented so that to start your tour. Start off your road trip by driving out of Athens and skimming along the Gulf of Elefsina until you cross the Corinth Canal which connects the Saronic to the Corinthian gulf, with the breathtaking view of 80m height and 6km length from the canal's bridge above sea level, where you can enjoy the amazing view and take some photos! Then, you are going to visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus dated back to 4th century BC, famous for the breathtaking acoustics. Your next stop will be at one of the most beautiful towns of Greece, Nafplio. There you can visit its trademarks, Palamidi castle, which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or you could take a small boat and visit ‘’Bourtzi’’ afloat in the middle of the bay. After lunch you will visit the famous ancient town of Mycenae a UNESCO World Heritage d the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. you will leave Mycenae, to arrive to Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games Overnight in Olympia.
DAY 2: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
- Start early in the morning your self-driving experience with visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that the first Olympic Games ever took place in 776 B.C. Visit the temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus, in antiquity the temple was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games and finally the Stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position! Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic center in Greece. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we suggest that you pay a visit at the wine castle the unique landscape with the stunning view that was founded in 1861 and is the oldest winery in Greece. Then you will cross over the amazing bridge of Rio – Antirio, one of the biggest bridges in Europe, to reach at Naupactus. We recommend you having a lunch in this beautiful seaside small town, surrounded by the Venetian Castle, next to the Venetian Port. After your lunch in Naupactus, you will depart for Delphi. . Overnight in Delphi.
DAY 3: DELPHI - METEORA:
- After your breakfast, you will visit the archaeological site of Delphi. You will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre which can host more than 5000 seated spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Continuing your excellent self driving vacations, you will depart to reach the village of Arachova, the most bustling winter destination in Greece, a mountainous village at 1000 meters altitude. Discover the traditional character of the village by taking a coffee or lunch break. Do not forget to try the famous, traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms. Departing from Arachova and driving through Central Greece, you will arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight in Meteora.
DAY 4: METEORA - ATHENS:
- In the morning, you will visit Meteora enjoying a unique and most impressive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop of huge rocks. You visit the first great monastery of Varlaam (or similar), which was founded on the 16th century and is located on the top of a rock at 380m height! Your second visit may be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum located inside the monastery! Then, you will leave from Meteora with your rented car to return to Athens and complete your self driving tour package, with a short stop at Kamena Vourla at the seaside and Thermopiles where you may admire the statue of Leonidas which was placed there as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Overnight in Athens. (Next morning our office representative will meet with you at your hotel to pick up the rented car)
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae & Lion Gate
- Romantic city of Nafplio
- Ancient Olympia
- Coast line city of Naupaktos
- Delphi & Museum of Delphi
- Traditional Village of Arachova
- Kalambaka town
- Meteora Monasteries
- Thermopiles & The statue of Leonidas
- Self-Drive Planned Itinerary
- 4 Night's Hotel Accommodation
- Daily breakfast at your hotel
- 4 days Car Rental with free Kilometers (credit card is required)
- Car Insurance with CDW & Theft Waiver
- 24H Call support - 24H Road Assistance
- Welcome bag upon our meeting
- Mineral water & Tissues upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Meals and personal expenses
- Private Driver (available with extra cost)
- Fuel, Tolls
- Hotel City tax
- Pay close attention to speed limits: Besides the road condition you must pay attention to speed limits and signs. As there are a lot of traffic cameras in the roads you should be careful not to exceed the speed limit but also the marking, which may be different from what you are used to. Of course, before the fines, we must first think about our safety!
- Two drivers are better than one: Driving for a long time is quite tiring, so make sure everyone changes to the role of driver. Divide the trip into shifts and "share" the steering wheel for a more comfortable and safe journey.
- Prepare your music playlist: Road trips are better with music! Prepare a road trip playlist in advance and choose your lovely music that will satisfy the whole company.
- Road maps may come in handy: Cell phones and GPS may run out of battery at some point or be out of reception. Make sure that you have a power cable so you can charge from the vehicle (or a power bank). In the worst case scenario, a traditional road map will be very useful to you in case everything else fails.
- We suggest you have local tour guides in each area
- Our experienced team can arrange for you to meet local tour guides in each place in order to make your road trip more exciting and full of information
- We are the owner of car rental company www.premiumrentacar.gr with a wide range of fleet options such as Minivans, SUVs & Sedans; that's why we are as competitive as possible.
- From 1 to 5 persons, we suggest sedan cars, type VW Passat, Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats or similar
- From 6 to 9 persons, we suggest a Minivan type Mercedes Vito, fully air-conditioned or similar
- If you are scheduled to arrive at Athens airport we can provide you a transfer from Athens Airport to your Hotel or Piraeus port and the next day we will deliver the car at your most convenient place to start the road trip.
- For travelers which are not EU residents is required international driving license ID
- Minimum age 25
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) / Security deposit - Credit card is required for CDW
- Our driver will deliver your rental car at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it, will help you with your luggage and escort you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
- Afterwards, he will provide you all the necessary documents for your self-drive road trip in Greece.
- We provide you mixed of 3* & 4* star hotels or boutique hotels, depends the availability.
- After your request received, we will send you our suggested hotels. Note that we will be will able to confirm you the hotels on the time that you will proceed with the booking.
- You can extend your self-drive holidays and our staff can arrange your accommodation and extension of your car rental one day prior to the start of your self-drive tour or after the completion of your tour.
- Our self-drive tours are customizable. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order your self-drive tour to be modified and adjusted by & to you.
- In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Atreus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monastery of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Vergina
- 8 euro / person for Pella
- 8 euro / person for Dion
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.