All year, any time that you want.
13 Day Self-Drive Tour to Parga, Syvota, Lefkada...
We have created a unique 13 day self-drive holiday tour itinerary which combines visits to sites with rich history included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, Delphi, Meteora & Olympia and visits to places with unforgettable scenic beauty such as Syvota and Parga, with their turquoise-colored waters, and the islands of Lefkada, Kefalonia and Zakynthos with strings of sandy, long beaches and picturesque, mountainous villages.
Jump in your rented car and explore Central & Western Greece in a unique self-drive road trip. Our professional staff will assist you creating a perfect itinerary with safe road trip routes and lots of tips that will create an unforgettable itinerary. Hire a car and get ready for a “talk-of-the-town”, self-drive vacation package that will make you come back to Greece, again and again. Book the self-drive tour of your dreams!
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY:
- Meet & Greet at Athens airport and offer you a complimentary transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Athens
DAY 2: ATHENS – DELPHI - METEORA:
- Our staff will meet you at your hotel or at Athens Int’l Airport and will finalize all paperwork with the car rental. The next step is to turn on the engine and start your self-drive holidays in Greece. First, you will head for Delphi, where you can visit the site and the museum! Your itinerary will then continue to Kalambaka, a small traditional town built at the foot of the majestic rocky formation called Meteora (“suspended rocks”). Overnight in Meteora.
DAY 3: METEORA – IOANNINA – SYVOTA - PARGA:
- After enjoying breakfast at your hotel, start the next day of your road trip. Today, you will drive to the city of Ioannina, famous for its Ottoman-era castle and its lake. A visit to the “islet of Ali-Pasha” by boat will add further to your digital photo album! Parga and Syvota are two places worth to visit in the area. Parga is known for its numerous beaches and its crystal-clear water and Syvota is a picturesque village with breathtaking sea views, no wonder why it is dubbed as the “Caribbean of Greece”. Overnight in the area.
DAY 4: PARGA - LEFKADA:
- The itinerary continues to the green island of Lefkada, which is accessible by car (no ferry crossing is required) making it an ideal destination for road-trippers! Follow the national road, running the western coast of Greece and through the cities of Preveza and Aktio you will reach Zakynthos island. After settling yourself at the hotel, you will have free time at leisure to explore the capital city of Lefkada with its narrow streets and the unforgettable sunset from the small wooden bridge at the port. It is a picture that will mark your vacations in Greece! Overnight in Lefkada.
DAY 5: LEFKADA:
- Get on your car and drive the hidden beauties of Lefkada. Enjoy swimming at one of the famous Lefkadian beaches, such as Porto Katsiki, Kathisma or Eggremnoi (consedired to be among the best beaches in the Mediterranean Sea), pay a visit to Nydri village (a fisherman village that became famous after the Greek tycoon Aristotelis Onassis bought “Skorpios” islet, off the coast of Nydri) or even visit the picturesque, mountainous villages of Karya and Eglouvi. Overnight in Lefkada.
DAY 6: LEFKADA - KEFALLONIA:
- Your self-drive itinerary continues with a drive to Vassiliki port to get on the ferry to Kefalonia. After about an hour and a half you will arrive at the port of Poros. You will have 2 days to explore the beauties o the island. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, enjoying the services of your hotel or exploring the capital city of Argostoli. Overnight in Kefalonia.
DAY 7: KEFALLONIA:
- Today, we suggest a scenic road trip around the island, including a visit to the Lake of Melissani, a cave of unique beauty which is also a unique geological phenomenon. Do not miss also the Drogarati Cave, aging almost 150 million years old. Take a photo stop above Myrtos beach, one of the most beautiful and dramatic beaches in Greece. Drive through the isthmus and join the north east coast road to Village of Fiscardo, a beautiful and cosmopolitan town with Venetian houses to be situated around a beautiful harbor. Overnight in Kefalonia.
DAY 8: KEFALLONIA - ZAKYNTHOS:
- The next destination of your road trip is the island of Zakynthos, an island ideal for family holidays!! Start your engine and drive to Pessada port where you will catch the ferry to Zakynthos (or Zante) island. The ferry ride lasts about one hour and a half and you will dock at the port of Agios Nikolaos. From here, you will drive to your hotel and the rest of the day will be at leisure, exploring the beauties of the capital city of Zakynthos. Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 9: ZAKYNTHOS:
- You will have the whole day at leisure to tour the islands’ numerous scenic beauties. Visit Alykes, where you can see the salt marshes and admire the view to the north western part of the island and Volimes, one of the oldest villages on the island. Do not miss “Navagio” beach, the most famous beach of Greece! You will admire the view from the top of a cliff above the bay. A visit to the gulf of Laganas is also a must. The gulf area is frequently called “The Turtle Island” as it is full of turtles swimming in the seawater. The Turtles are huge but so friendly. Maybe you will be lucky and see some of them!! Overnight in Zakynthos.
DAY 10: ZAKYNTHOS - KYLLINI - OLYMPIA:
- Continue your road trip itinerary, proceeding to the port of Zakynthos to take the ferry to Kyllini and from there, Olympia is an approximate 1-hour drive away. After checking in at hotel, you will spend the rest of the day at leisure, exploring the nearby villages through scenic, mountainous routes or enjoy swimming at one of the nearby beaches. Overnight in Olympia.
DAY 11: OLYMPIA - ATHENS:
- In the morning we suggest you visit Olympia site (where the first Olympic Games were held in 776 B.C) and the nearby music and then, get on your car and continue your road itinerary to central Peloponnese and finally to Athens. During your self-drive road trip, enjoy unforgettable sceneries on the way, traditional villages, nested high in the mountains, visit Nafplio town, a cosmopolitan town served as first capital of the modern Greek State and take a photo stop at the Corinth Canal (until 2004, the only passage from Peloponnese to mainland Greece). Arrive at Athens and settle in at hotel. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 12: SELF-GUIDED TOUR IN ATHENS & CAPE SOUNIO:
- In the last day of your trip we suggest you a city tour, admiring among others the Parliament, the University, the Library, the Presidential Residence (Ex-King Residence) with the traditional presidential Guards, the Panathinaic Stadium (where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896), the Temple of Zeus and of course Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. After lunch, you may drive to Cape Sounio to visit the Temple of Poseidon. Its remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea and offers incredible sea views. In the afternoon you will return to Athens, full of memories from a unique self-drive, vacation package. Overnight in Athens
DAY 13: DEPARTURE DAY:
- Our office representative will meet with you at your hotel or Athens airport to pick up the rented car
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insuranc
- Delphi & Arcahchova Village
- Monasteries of Meteora
- City of Ioannina
- Syvota & Parga
- Kefalonia Islands
- Myrtos beach in Kefalonia
- The Lake of Melissani & Drogarati
- Fiskardo & Assos Villages
- Lefkada Islands
- Ithaca Islands & Megannisi
- Scorpions Islands (Onasis' Islands)
- Athens City Tour (Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, e.t.c)
- Self-Drive Planned Itinerary
- 12 Night's Hotel Accommodation with breakfast
- Complimentary transfer from Athens airport
- 11 day Car Rental with free Kilometers
- Ferry tickets from Lefkada/ Kefalonia/ Zakynthos / Kyllini
- Car Insurance with CDW & Theft Waiver
- 24H Call support - 24H Road Assistance
- Welcome bag upon our meeting
- Mineral water & Tissues upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Meals and personal expenses
- Private Driver (available with extra cost)
- Fuel, Tolls
- Hotel City tax
- Pay close attention to speed limits: Besides the road condition you must pay attention to speed limits and signs. As there are a lot of traffic cameras in the roads you should be careful not to exceed the speed limit but also the marking, which may be different from what you are used to. Of course, before the fines, we must first think about our safety!
- Two drivers are better than one: Driving for a long time is quite tiring, so make sure everyone changes to the role of driver. Divide the trip into shifts and "share" the steering wheel for a more comfortable and safe journey.
- Prepare your music playlist: Road trips are better with music! Prepare a road trip playlist in advance and choose your lovely music that will satisfy the whole company.
- Road maps may come in handy: Cell phones and GPS may run out of battery at some point or be out of reception. Make sure that you have a power cable so you can charge from the vehicle (or a power bank). In the worst case scenario, a traditional road map will be very useful to you in case everything else fails.
- We suggest you have local tour guides in each area
- Our experienced team can arrange for you to meet local tour guides in each place in order to make your road trip more exciting and full of information
- We are the owner of car rental company www.premiumrentacar.gr with a wide range of fleet options such as Minivans, SUVs & Sedans; that's why we are as competitive as possible.
- From 1 to 5 persons, we suggest sedan cars, type VW Passat, Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats or similar
- From 6 to 9 persons, we suggest a Minivan type Mercedes Vito, fully air-conditioned or similar
- If you are scheduled to arrive at Athens airport we can provide you a transfer from Athens Airport to your Hotel or Piraeus port and the next day we will deliver the car at your most convenient place to start the road trip.
- For travelers which are not EU residents is required international driving license ID
- Minimum age 25
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) / Security deposit - Credit card is required for CDW
- Our driver will deliver your rental car at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it, will help you with your luggage and escort you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
- Afterwards, he will provide you all the necessary documents for your self-drive road trip in Greece.
- We provide you mixed of 3* & 4* star hotels or boutique hotels, depends the availability.
- After your request received, we will send you our suggested hotels. Note that we will be will able to confirm you the hotels on the time that you will proceed with the booking.
- You can extend your self-drive holidays and our staff can arrange your accommodation and extension of your car rental one day prior to the start of your self-drive tour or after the completion of your tour.
Our self-drive tours are customizable. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order your self-drive tour to be modified and adjusted by & to you.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Atreus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monastery of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Vergina
- 8 euro / person for Pella
- 8 euro / person for Dion
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.