All year, any time that you want.
11 Day Self-Drive for Swimming Safari Tour...
Book this unique 11 days self-drive holidays package and explore some majestic destinations, visit archaeological sites of great importance, and nevertheless, enjoy the exquisite beaches all over the Peloponnese. The Peloponnese is well known for the longest sandy beach in the Mediterranean as well as its famous archeological sites.
You can book online our 9 days scenic self-driving tour and to save money and have no worries as you will not miss nothing from an all-inclusive and well-organized trip. This self-drive vacation trip is ideal for those who love road trips and provides you the chance to explore stunning natural scenery, picturesque beaches with turquoise waters and great traditional villages.
Enjoy your self-drive holiday package starting with a visit in Corinth, then ancient Olympia where the first Olympic games ever, took place, Epidaurus, Mycenae, the famous Monemvasia castle town and Diros Caves. Enjoy your swim to exotic beaches such as Yialova, Voidokoilia, Stoupa and admire the Greek hospitality in the traditional villages such as Kardamily, Gerolimenas, Leonidio and nevertheless, the first capital of Greece, Nafplio.
DAY 1: ATHENS – VOULIAGMENIS LAKE (HERAION) – CORINTH:
- Around 08:30 in the morning, our office representative will meet you at your hotel or Airbnb to deliver you the car you have hired to start your excellent self-driving tour. Vouliagmenis lake, located near Corinth, features a special phenomenon; sea water which is renewed by the tide every six hours. The water level changes and so, simultaneously on one side there is absolute calm, on the opposite side there is a ripple. There you can enjoy your swim before entering your brand-new SUV to visit the archaeological site of Heraion. The first arched temple was built in her honor. The Corinthians from the opposite shore went there twice a year and honored the goddess with ceremonies and tributes. Then, continue your self-driving experience to reach at Patra for overnight. Overnight in Patra.
DAY 2: PATRA – KALOGRIA & KOUROUTA BEACH AT ACHAIA:
- After your breakfast you will continue your self-driving tour to the beach of "Kalogria" which is one of the most famous beaches in Achaia. It is a large sandy beach with clear waters which in combination with the forest of Strofilia is an idyllic place. Also, you have time to visit Kourouta beach before driving with your rented car back at Olympia for overnight. Overnight in Olympia.
DAY 3: KAKOVATOS, KAIAFA & YIALOVA – VOIDOKOILIA BEACH - PYLOS
- Today you will have the chance to drive yourself along the coast and reach at Kaiafa lake with the famous thermal baths, where you can take a walk and admire the natural beauty. The coastline that you will drive through, is one of the largest and most beautiful in northwestern Peloponnese. It is sandy, with golden sand, has a wonderful and wild natural beauty while the wooded vegetation above gives a tropical character. You have the option to take a swim at the sandy beach of Kakovatos or the well-organized golden beach of Yialova where you can also rent a wind surf or canoe and of course the world famous Voidokoilia beach with its unique round shape which is considered as one of the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean. You will complete your self-driving tour at Pylos. Overnight in Pylos.
DAY 4: ANCIENT MESSENE – KALAMATA – KARDAMILY – STOUPA - AREOPOLI:
- Leaving from Pylos at your own pace with your rented car, you continue your self-driving holiday with a visit at Ancient Messene, a spectacular archaeological site, a UNESCO monument which combines diverse beauties as it is built at the one side at the Messenian valley. You will continue your drive to Kalamata and Kardamily, a traditional village with stone houses and tiled roofs build in a windless bay at the root of Taygetos mountain. Enjoy your swim at the famous beach of Stoupa with the gold and white sand and the exotic colored shallow water. The end of this self-driving tour experience will find you in Areolopis. Overnight in Areopolis.
DAY 5: DIROS CAVES – GEROLIMENAS – CAPE TAINARON – GYTHEIO – MONEMVASIA
- Today you will enjoy your self-driving tour with a visit at Diros Caves a secret underground world. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Then, drive to the picturesque Gerolimenas, one of the most beautiful settlement of Mani. In fact, its name means "Holy Port" and that in itself is enough to give us an idea of its power. Afterwards you will reach at Cape Tainaron, the southernmost point of mainland Greece before continuing yourself drive tour to Gytheion, a lively, charming little harbor town. At the end of the day you will be at the Tower Town of Monemvasiá, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines. Overnight in Monemvasia
DAY 6: MONEMVASIA - ELAFONISOS
- In the morning enjoy your breakfast and a walk in the unique castle town before leaving to start your self drive road trip towards Pounta port in order to take the ferry to Elafonisos. Elafonisos captivates all its visitors with the white sandy beaches. It is an ideal place to visit for nature lovers. Enjoy your swim at the twin beaches of Simos and Sarakiniko that are among the most beautiful in the Mediterranean. Visit Panagia to admire the wonderful sunset and taste traditional Greek delicacies in one the restaurants Overnight in Monemvasia
DAY 7: KOSMAS VILLAGE – LEONIDIO - FOKIANOS BAY - NAFPLIO
- After your breakfast in the unique castle town of Monemvasia, you will continue your self-driving tour to reach at 'kosmas Village" a wonderful traditional village at the heart of Peloponnese. Also, you will visit Fokianos Bay, a hidden beach that lies on the shores of the eastern Peloponnese, with crystal clear turquoise waters, large white pebbles and green hillsides that create a spectacular landscape. Continue to reach at Leonidio stretches majestically from the sea to the foot of Mount Parnon with Frankish mansions build after the complete destruction of the village in 1826 and the uniwue gardens with geraniums and lemons that enchant the visitors. Leave from Leonidio to drive along the beautiful scenery of the Peloponnese to continue your self-drive tour to one of the most romantic towns in Greece, Nafplio. Overnight in Nafplio.
DAY 8: NAFPLIO
- Nafplio is full of spectacular monuments and sights. Explore the ancient castles that boast riveting legends to the many museums that paint a clear picture of the architectural, historical, and cultural stories that Nafplio is founded upon. You also may simply stroll through the quaint streets of the old town with many shops, coffee and lined with restaurants. Overnight in Nafplio.
DAY 9: MYCENAE – EPIDAURUS – ATHENS
- After your breakfast, you should not miss on the chance to drive yourself with your rented car to Mycenae, the "Golden City" of ancient Greece. Mycenae was the epicenter of the Mycenaean world and gave its name to a period and a civilization that evolved throughout the entire Hellenic civilization. Then continue to the famous Epidaurus, with the Ancient Theatre of the 15.000 spectators and the breathtaking acoustics which is still used in our days. Epidaurus is one of UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Sites, that reflects not only the great history of Hellenistic and Roman periods, but also how powerful the Ancient Greek spiritual beliefs. At the end of the day, you will return in Athens. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 10: SELF GUIDED TOUR ATHENS & CAPE SOUNIO
- After your breakfast you can get your hired car to start a brilliant Athens Self-drive City Tour. Drive through the Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games of the modern times took place in 1896. You will visit Zappeion, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Trilogy, which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, to reach at ACROPOLIS & ACROPOLIS museum. You can walk at the beautiful narrow street at Plaka and Monastiraki area to see and admire the Greek culture. It is a wonderful idea to complete your self-drive tour with a visit to Cape Sounio. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 11: DEPARURE DAY:
- When reaching at the end of this exceptional self-driving experience in Greece, our office representative will meet you either at your hotel or at the airport to collect the hired car.
- Ancient Corinth & Lake of Vouliagmenis at Heraion
- Kalogria & Kourouta beaches
- Kakovatos, Kaiafas, Yialova & Voidokoilia Beaches
- Archaeological site of Ancient Olympia
- City of Pylos, Palace of Nestor
- Ancient Messene, Kalamata,
- Traditional Villas of Stoupa & Kardamyli
- Diros Caves, Gerolimenas, Mani, Gytheio, Cape Tainaron
- Leonidio, Kyparissi Village & Fokianos Bay, Astros Beach
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- The Golden City of Mycenae
- Romantic city of Nauplio
- Acropolis, Cape Sounio, City of Athens
- Coastline city of City of Naupaktos
- Complimentary arrival transfer from Athens airport
- Pikcup & Drop off of the car from your hotel in Athens
- Self-Drive Planned Itinerary
- 11 Night's Hotel Accommodation
- Daily breakfast at your hotel
- 11 day ar Rental with free Kilometers
- Car Insurance with CDW & Theft Waiver
- 24H Call support - 24H Road Assistance
- Welcome bag upon our meeting
- Mineral water & Tissues upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Meals and personal expenses
- Private Driver (available with extra cost)
- Fuel, Tolls
- Hotel City tax
- Pay close attention to speed limits: Besides the road condition you must pay attention to speed limits and signs. As there are a lot of traffic cameras in the roads you should be careful not to exceed the speed limit but also the marking, which may be different from what you are used to. Of course, before the fines, we must first think about our safety!
- Two drivers are better than one: Driving for a long time is quite tiring, so make sure everyone changes to the role of driver. Divide the trip into shifts and "share" the steering wheel for a more comfortable and safe journey.
- Prepare your music playlist: Road trips are better with music! Prepare a road trip playlist in advance and choose your lovely music that will satisfy the whole company.
- Road maps may come in handy: Cell phones and GPS may run out of battery at some point or be out of reception. Make sure that you have a power cable so you can charge from the vehicle (or a power bank). In the worst case scenario, a traditional road map will be very useful to you in case everything else fails.
- We suggest you have local tour guides in each area
- Our experienced team can arrange for you to meet local tour guides in each place in order to make your road trip more exciting and full of information
- We are the owner of car rental company www.premiumrentacar.gr with a wide range of fleet options such as Minivans, SUVs & Sedans; that's why we are as competitive as possible.
- From 1 to 5 persons, we suggest sedan cars, type VW Passat, Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats or similar
- From 6 to 9 persons, we suggest a Minivan type Mercedes Vito, fully air-conditioned or similar
- If you are scheduled to arrive at Athens airport we can provide you a transfer from Athens Airport to your Hotel or Piraeus port and the next day we will deliver the car at your most convenient place to start the road trip.
- For travelers which are not EU residents is required international driving license ID
- Minimum age 25
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) / Security deposit - Credit card is required for CDW
- Our driver will deliver your rental car at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it, will help you with your luggage and escort you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
- Afterwards, he will provide you all the necessary documents for your self-drive road trip in Greece.
- We provide you mixed of 3* & 4* star hotels or boutique hotels, depends the availability.
- After your request received, we will send you our suggested hotels. Note that we will be will able to confirm you the hotels on the time that you will proceed with the booking.
- You can extend your self-drive holidays and our staff can arrange your accommodation and extension of your car rental one day prior to the start of your self-drive tour or after the completion of your tour.
Our self-drive tours are customizable. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order your self-drive tour to be modified and adjusted by & to you.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Atreus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monastery of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Vergina
- 8 euro / person for Pella
- 8 euro / person for Dion
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.