All year, any time that you wish.
11 Days Christian Tour on Saint Paul & Santorini
Book our 11-days Christian tour in Greece, based on Footsteps of Saint Paul and follow the footsteps of St. Paul, walk at the paths where he walked and preached the speech of god. Start with a Cristian tour in Athens where you can visit the Ancient Agora, the Mars Hill, and the coastal district of Faliro.
Tour in Ancient Corinth with our Christian tour in Corinthos and visit the old Market, the Bema of Apostle Paul, the Metropolitan Church he founded and the port of Kechrias. Admire the statue of Leonidas in Thermopiles, visit the Vlatades monastery of St. Paul and tour in Thessaloniki, the second bigger city of Greece! Visit the Arch of Galerius and explore churches that are of great importance. Tour in Veroia where the Bema of Apostle Paul is located and Vergina with king's Phillip Tombs.
Following St. Paul's journeys, visit Kavala, the "Agiasma of St. Paul" at Nea Fokea and the “baptisma site” at Filippoi, where the first Christians in Europe were baptized. You should also visit the Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks and the archaeological site of Delphi with the famous Temple of Apollo. Tour in 7 monasteries at the jewel of Orthodoxy, with a unique cruise at Mount Athos! Last but not least, visit the beautiful Island of Santorini! A brilliant day-cruise at the active Volcano and at the Hot springs, known for their therapeutic benefits is strongly suggested! Book this tour now and observe the best sunset of your life, at Oia!
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL DAY:
- Our driver will meet and assist you at Athens airport El. Venizelos, and then, transfer you at your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 2: CHRISTIAN TOUR ATHENS & ANCIENT CORINTH:
- We will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 to start the brilliant Christian tour in Athens. We will visit the ancient Agora which was the heart of Athens in antiquity and the meeting point of Saint Paul with the first followers of Christianity in Athens. The next stop will be at the "Mars Hill", where Apostle Paul proclaimed the word of the Christian God to the Athenian philosophers. The element that caused a shock to some Athenians was the concept of Resurrection, which was a powerful argument in the truth of St Paul's teaching. We will then reach the coastal district of Palaio Faliro. This is the area where St Paul arrived with the escort of Beroes after his departure from Veroia and Thessaloniki. Of course, in combination with our Christian tour, we will have a panoramic city tour in Athens (visit the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion with the Patio Patio) and the most important sights of the city, Panathinaikos Stadium, Parliament, Presidential Guards, Athens Trilogy. CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ANCIENT CORINTHOS: Continue, driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, having our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of Saint Paul’s beloved cities. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul, and we will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. We will visit the commercial town of Corinth and The Apostolos Pavlos (Apostle Paul) metropolitan church, on the street of the same name, which was founded by Apostle Paul around 51-52 AD. Next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port, from where his next journey began. The duration of the tour is about 8 hours. Overnight in Athens
DAY 3: ATHENS – THERMOPILES - VLATADES MONASTERY OF ST. PAUL - THESSALONIKI:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30, and we will have our first stop at Thermopiles in order to admire the statue of Leonidas, as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands soldiers of the Persian Empire. Then, we will head to Thessaloniki, at about 14.30. Check in at your hotel and free time for yourself. In the afternoon we will visit the Vlatades Monastery, where it is said that Apostle Paul stopped to drink some water. That is why it is called “Apostle Paul’s Holy Water". Believers from all over the world worship the space of Holy Water and enjoy the magnificent panoramic view to Thermaikos Gulf & Thessaloniki. In the same area is also located the Orthodox Church of St. Paul. Then, we suggest you to taste the delicious Greek cuisine or to walk at the coast line of the city, the second bigger city of Greece! Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 4: THESSALONIKI - NEA FOKEA - KAVALA:
- After breakfast, be met at the hotel and then Explore Thessaloniki, where Paul preached and wrote two epistles to the Ancient Thessalonians, during the winters of 49-50 AD. See the ramparts of the city: the triumphal Arch of Galerius, built in 303 AD, at the Via Egnatia. Visit the Rotunda, one of the most imposing monuments of Thessaloniki. Visit St. Demetrius Basilica, in which is located the underground ancient “Crypt", the most important part of the temple. According to the Christian Tradition, the saint was imprisoned here and died in 303 A.D. Visit the Acheiropoietos Church - a gem of devotion: The Acheiropoietos Church owes its name to an icon of the Virgin Mary, (‘Acheiropoietos’ meaning "made not by human hands ") that was kept in the church. It is one of the first churches of Christianity, founded sometime between 450 and 475 AD. We leave Thessaloniki to reach at the small town of Nea Fokea, and the ''Agiasma of St. Paul'', that is an underground corridor ends to a chamber where St. Paul was hidden when people of Thessaloniki was running after him. Our next visit will be at Filippoi, where St. Paul preached his first evangelical sermon and baptized the first Christians in Europe! Visit the ''Baptismal'' site, where Lydia was baptized as the first European woman, and the secret crypt where Paul was imprisoned. Finally, we will visit the Acropolis of Filippoi. There you will visit the theatre, Basilica and the prison where Apostle Paul and Silas where thrown. Continue into the modern city of Kavala, the "ancient Neapolis" where Paul accompanied by Silas, Luke and Timothy, first set foot in Europe. You will have lunch in the town of Kavala. Overnight in Kavala.
Day 5: KAVALA – CRUISE TOUR AT MOUNT OF ATHOS:
- After your breakfast, we will drive along to Ouranoupolis in order to take the ferry for Mount Athos, also called Virgin Mary's garden, and the jewel of Orthodoxy. Mount Athos is the place where Holy Fathers have lived for centuries in enlightenment and continue to do so. For the devout, it is a place of spiritual enlightenment, a place of worship, a chance for reflection, meditation and spiritual renewal. The ferry departs at 14.00 starting from Ouranoupolis. We will visit 7 monasteries, for which our English-speaking guide will explain everything about. The duration of the tour is about 3 hours. At the end of the tour, at about 19.00, our driver will pick you up and will drop you off at your hotel at Thessaloniki for overnight.
DAY 6: THESSALONIKI – VIMA OF APOSTLE PAUL IN VEROIA - METEORA:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 to visit the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece. We visit the church of Apostle Paul and the marble ''Vima of Apostle Paul'', the place Paul preached to the people of one of his beloved towns for many days. We continue to the Ancient town of Vergina (ancient Aigai), to live the experience of a visit to the unique Museum, created in the Great Tumulus, covering the royal tombs of Macedonia. Admire the astonishing findings from the tomb of King Phillip II, Alexander's father, and feel the thrill of the greatest discovery of the 20th century. Then, we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We will have our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and the oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora).
DAY 7: METEORA - DELPHI - ATHENS:
- We leave from Meteora to reach Delphi. We will pay a visit at Castalia Spring, the archaeological site of Delphi, to view the monuments of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo, famous for its oracle and of course, Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. You will have lunch at a traditional Greek taverna, before returning in Athens, late in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 8: ATHENS – SANTORINI ISLAND:
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you to Piraeus Port to take the Ferry departing at 07.00 for the famous Santorini Island. Our local driver will be waiting for you at the port to transfer you at your hotel. Free time for yourself. We suggest you to enjoy your drink or dinner, at one of the hundred places located just on the rocks above the sea, and walk among the narrow streets of the town where you can buy many souvenirs. Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 9 – DAY CRUISE TOUR IN SANTORINI ISLAND:
- Our driver will pick you up at 09.30 to start the cruise tour in Santorini. Our first stop will be at the volcano of Santorini! You will have the chance to walk around and explore the volcano's ridge. You will also visit the island of Palea Kameni. You will have the chance to enjoy a swim at the world-renowned thermal spas of Palaia Kameni, as the water temperature ranges from 30 to 35 degrees due to the underground volcanic rock. Next stop is at the island of Thirassia, where you will walk at the picturesque and traditional village and enjoy a lunch with authentic Santorinian cuisine and gastronomy. Finally, we will return to Athinios beach and transfer you to Oia. At the top of Oia village, you will have the chance to walk at the narrow streets, as well as enjoy the most breathtaking sunset of your life! After the sunset, at about 20.30 the bus will transfer you back to your hotel. Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 10 – SANTORINI ISLAND - ATHENS:
- Our driver will meet you at the hotel and will transfer you to Santorini Port at 12.00 to take the boat for Piraeus Port, where you will arrive at 17.00 pm. Then, you will be transferred to your hotel in Athens. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 11 – DEPARTURE DAY:
- Our driver will transfer you at Athens airport, according to your flight details.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- The statue of Leonidas in Thermopiles
- City tour of Thessaloniki
- The Rotonda
- Underground ancient “Crypt”.
- The Vlatades Monastery of St. Paul
- Nea Fokea – ''Agiasma'' St. Paul
- Filippi – ''Baptismal'' site
- Τhe prison were Apostle Paul and Silas where thrown
- City of Kavala "ancient Neapolis"
- Cruise Tour at Mount of Athos
- Veria – ''Vima of Apostle Paul''
- Meteora and Monasteries
- Delphi & Museum of Delphi
- Acropolis and ''Mars Hill'' and Ancient Market
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth and Cathedral of St. Paul
- Ancient Roman Market in Korinthos
- Kachries port in Korinthos
- Santorini Islands
- Volcano in Santorini, Hot Springs, Thirasia
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- English Speaking driver
- Pick up & Drop of from hotel or specific check points
- Transfer from/to Hotel/Piraeus port
- 10 Nights' accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Fast ferry from/to Piraeus port/ Santorini port/hotel
- Pick up & drop of from/to Santorini port/hotel
- Cruise Tour in Santorini at Volcano
- Cruise tour at Mount of Athos
- Welcome Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 2 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and have very good knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but they are not official guides.
You have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide to accompany you
- You can book to have tour leader to accompany you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
- We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
We will provide you FAST FERRY TICKETS in order to spend more time in each Island. Sometimes the ferry route can be changed depend from the shipping company schedule. In any case we will modify the program accordingly. We can provided you AIR TICKETS instead off ferry tickets with extra supplement, just ask us.
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
- 3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels.
- 8 euro / person in Ancient Corinth
- 8 euro / person in Ancient market in Athens
- 20 euro / person in Acropolis
- 12 euro / person in Vergina
- 12 euro / person in Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 12 euro / person in Filippoi
- 4 euro / person in Monastery of Saint loucas
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.