All year, any time that you want.
10 Day Self-Drive Tour in Spetses, Monemvasia...
Incredible10 day self-drive holiday package Greece. With this self-drive tour package, you will have the chance to visit some of the most important archeological sites in the Peloponnese such as Ancient Corinth, Mycenae, Mystras the beautiful village of Nafplio which is well known for its fortresses and the narrow stone pathways.
We have curated this trip to in-the-know destinations, with unprecedented access, top local guides, brilliant, detailed itineraries, stays in the smartest inside-track boutique hotels. Special visit to “Elafonisos” at southern Peloponnese, a tropical place with sandy beach and a visit the island of Spetses known for its beauty and its cosmopolitan atmosphere.
You will see the unique castle city of Monemvasia and the famous Diros caves. Our experienced staff will provide information for planning an itinerary, road trip routes and tips and many other recommendations for each place. Hire a car and you are ready to explore Peloponnese with our self-drive holiday package. This self-drive road trip is the safest and most affordable option.
Day 1: ATHENS – CORINTH – MUCENAE - NAFPLIO
- Our office representative will meet you either at your hotel or at the airport to deliver you the car you have rented so that to start your tour. Driving yourself along the Attica coastline, you will make a quick stop at the famous Canal of Corinth which connects the Saronic to the Corinthian gulf, with the breathtaking view of 80m height and 6km length from the canal's bridge above sea level, where you can enjoy the amazing view and take some photos! Then, you are going to visit the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. Your next stop will be at one of the most beautiful towns of Greece and its first capital city, Nafplio. There you can visit its trademarks, Palamidi castle, which you can reach by climbing 999 steps (!), or you could take a small boat and visit ‘’Bourtzi’’ afloat in the middle of the bay. Overnight in Nafplio.
Day 2: EPIDAURUS - COSTA MARINA IN PORTO HELI - SPETSES ISLAND
- After your breakfast, you will continue your excellent self driving experience with a visit at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus dated back to 4th century BC, famous for the breathtaking acoustics. Then you will drive to reach at Costa Marina in Porto Heli in order to take the boat to Spetses. (You will leave the car at marina and get the local small boat to Spetses). Check in at your hotel and enjoy the rest of your day walking around the beautiful streets of Spetses town. Overnight in Spetses.
Day 3: DAY AT LEISURE IN SPETSES ISLAND
- You can relax and enjoy your morning with an exploration of the city. You must see the famous square of the Clock, the traditional houses at Saint Nickolas seaside, the museum of Bouboulina. You can go around the island for a swim with a car wagon, or with a bike or by foot and the old port of Spetses is a place that will always stay in your minds. Overnight in Spetses.
Day 4: SPETSES – LEONIDIO TOWN
- After your breakfast your will take the boat to Costa Marina so that to continue your excellent self driving tour towards Leonidio. Leonidio is a town that considered to be a traditional settlement. It stretches majestically from the sea to the foot of Mount Parnon with Frankish mansions build after the complete destruction of the village in 1826 and the unique gardens with geraniums and lemons that enchant the visitors. It emerges from a spectacular landscape, bound by two abrupt mountainsides enclosing the town from the north and south. The River Dafnon passes through the town, and its banks are linked with three bridges. You have plenty of time to move around and enjoy the traditional restaurants. Overnight in Leonidio.
Day 5: LEONIDIO – FOKIANOS BAY - MONEMVASIA
- Today you will leave from Leonidio to go on with your self driving holiday package to reach at Fokianos Bay, a hidden beach that lies on the shores of the eastern Peloponnese, with crystal clear turquoise waters, large white pebbles and green hillsides that create a spectacular landscape. After that, continue driving along the coastline of Peloponnese towards the famous castle town of Monemvasia. A mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines. Overnight in Monemvasia.
Day 6: MONEMVASIA - ELAFONISOS
- In the morning enjoy your breakfast and a walk in the unique castle town before leaving to start your self-drive road trip towards Pounta port in order to take the ferry to Elafonisos. Elafonisos captivates all its visitors with the white sandy beaches. It is an ideal place to visit for nature lovers. Enjoy your swim at the twin beaches of Simos and Sarakiniko that are among the most beautiful in the Mediterranean. Visit Panagia to admire the wonderful sunset and taste traditional Greek delicacies in one the restaurants Overnight Overnight in Monemvasia.
Day 7: MONEMVASIA – DIROS CAVES – GEROLIMENAS – AREOPOLI
- Today we suggest you to drive your rented car to Diros Caves, a secret underground world. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Then, drive to the picturesque Gerolimenas, one of the most beautiful settlement of Mani. In fact, its name means "Holy Port" and that in itself is enough to give us an idea of its power. Your day will find you in the historical settlement of Areopoli with its stone pathways, its traditional well maintained castle-houses and many small restaurants, coffee shops and little stores. Overnight in Areopoli
Day 8: KALAMATA - MYSTRAS - SPARTI
- Today, you will continue your self driving vacations, with a visit to Kalamata the second most populous city of the Peloponnese, the capital city and port of Messene region. The point of reference in the city of Kalamata is the legendary “castle of Isabeau”. It is amphitheatrically constructed on the site of the Farai acropolis offering a bird’s eye view of the city. You continue this excellent self driving experience, to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Let yourself be captivated by this destination’s medieval splendour. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur. At the end of the day, drive to Sparti for overnight. Overnight in Sparti.
Day 9: SPARTI - ATHENS
- After your breakfast you should pay a visit at the unique Museum of Oil in Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece. Then, start your return with your hired car in Athens for check in at your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
DAY: 10 SELF GUIDED TOURIN ATHENS & CAPE SOUNIO
- Today et your hired car to start a brilliant Athens Self-drive City Tour. Drive through the Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games of the modern times took place in 1896. You will visit Zappeion, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Trilogy, which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, to reach at ACROPOLIS & ACROPOLIS museum. You can walk at the beautiful narrow street at Plaka and Monastiraki area to see and admire the Greek culture. It is a wonderful idea to complete your self-drive tour with a visit to Cape Sounio. Overnight in Athens. (next morning, our office representative will meet with you either at your hotel or at the airport ta pick up the car and farewell you)
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Canal of Corinth
- City of Nafplio
- Mycenae & Ancient Epiduarus
- The Island of Spetses
- Traditional villages of Leonidio
- Beautiful Fokianos bay
- Castles of Monemvasia
- Gytheio, Gerolimenas, Areopoli
- Byzantine town of Mystras, Sparta
- Diros Caves, City of Kalamata
- City of Athens, Acropolis, Cape Sounio
- Self-Drive Planned Itinerary
- Pikcup & Drop off of the car from your hotel in Athens
- 10 Night's Hotel Accommodation
- Daily breakfast at your hotel
- 10 day Car Rental with free Kilometers (credit card is required)
- Car Insurance with CDW & Theft Waiver
- 24H Call support - 24H Road Assistance
- Welcome bag upon our meeting
- Mineral water & Tissues upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Meals and personal expenses
- Private Driver (available with extra cost)
- Fuel, Tolls
- Hotel City tax
- Pay close attention to speed limits: Besides the road condition you must pay attention to speed limits and signs. As there are a lot of traffic cameras in the roads you should be careful not to exceed the speed limit but also the marking, which may be different from what you are used to. Of course, before the fines, we must first think about our safety!
- Two drivers are better than one: Driving for a long time is quite tiring, so make sure everyone changes to the role of driver. Divide the trip into shifts and "share" the steering wheel for a more comfortable and safe journey.
- Prepare your music playlist: Road trips are better with music! Prepare a road trip playlist in advance and choose your lovely music that will satisfy the whole company.
- Road maps may come in handy: Cell phones and GPS may run out of battery at some point or be out of reception. Make sure that you have a power cable so you can charge from the vehicle (or a power bank). In the worst case scenario, a traditional road map will be very useful to you in case everything else fails.
- We suggest you have local tour guides in each area
- Our experienced team can arrange for you to meet local tour guides in each place in order to make your road trip more exciting and full of information
- We are the owner of car rental company www.premiumrentacar.gr with a wide range of fleet options such as Minivans, SUVs & Sedans; that's why we are as competitive as possible.
- From 1 to 5 persons, we suggest sedan cars, type VW Passat, Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats or similar
- From 6 to 9 persons, we suggest a Minivan type Mercedes Vito, fully air-conditioned or similar
- If you are scheduled to arrive at Athens airport we can provide you a transfer from Athens Airport to your Hotel or Piraeus port and the next day we will deliver the car at your most convenient place to start the road trip.
- For travelers which are not EU residents is required international driving license ID
- Minimum age 25
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) / Security deposit - Credit card is required for CDW
- Our driver will deliver your rental car at your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address. If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it, will help you with your luggage and escort you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
- Afterwards, he will provide you all the necessary documents for your self-drive road trip in Greece.
- We provide you mixed of 3* & 4* star hotels or boutique hotels, depends the availability.
- After your request received, we will send you our suggested hotels. Note that we will be will able to confirm you the hotels on the time that you will proceed with the booking.
- You can extend your self-drive holidays and our staff can arrange your accommodation and extension of your car rental one day prior to the start of your self-drive tour or after the completion of your tour.
Our self-drive tours are customizable. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order your self-drive tour to be modified and adjusted by & to you.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- 3 euros per room per day for 4*star hotels - Paid at the hotel
- Winter: November 1 to March 31 - 08.30 until 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 until 19.30
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Atreus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monastery of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Vergina
- 8 euro / person for Pella
- 8 euro / person for Dion
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.