- All year, any time that you wish.
Tour in Corinth, Heraion, Church of Osios Patapios...
This full day tour in Ancient Corinth combine tour at the Temple of Heraion, the Holy Monastery of Agios Patapios, swimming at the lagoon of Corinthian gulf called "Lake Vouliagmenis" located in Loutraki is a great opportunity enjoy the marvelous natural scenic of Greece & Archaeological sites.
Through an easy & relaxing route we will reach Ancient Corinth. Among the ruins of a very important city-state of Greek antiquity. The Holy Monastery of Agios Patapios at Loutraki, a nunnery of 40 nuns which is located in the Geraneia Mountains at an altitude of 650 meters, near the city of Loutraki. The panoramic view captivates you since you will think you are hovering between earth and sky.
We will visit the archeological site of Heraion, dedicated to Hera Akraia. The worship of the goddess began in the Geometric period, around 800 BC. The first arched temple was built in her honor. There are some reports that Medea buried her children there. You will swim at the lagoon of Corinthian gulf called Lake Vouliagmeni located in Loutraki. Surrounded by a natural pine forest, the Lakes of Hera with its serene atmosphere and unique natural beauty can take your breath away at first sight.
- Through an easy & relaxing route we will reach Ancient Corinth. Among the ruins of a very important city-state of Greek antiquity, you will have no other choice but to travel to the past. Corinth in ancient Greece was one of the most important cities and you can easily tell from its archeological site and museum with a rich reference to the history of the great ancient city. The imposing Temple of Apollo with its seven surviving monolithic Doric columns makes you shiver when you stand next to its columns. Apostle Paul, a very important figure in Christian society, reached in Ancient Corinth and had been discerning the word of God. You will be able to admire the Vema and church which was founded in his honour.
- Leaving Corinth we will reach the Holy Monastery of Agios Patapios at Loutraki, a nunnery of 40 nuns which is located in the Geraneia Mountains at an altitude of 650 meters, near the city of Loutraki. The panoramic view captivates you since you will think you are hovering between earth and sky. The serenity and incredible tranquility that will overwhelm you when you arrive at the Monastery is indescribable. Saint Patapios is the patron saint of Loutraki and his relic is kept inside the cave covered with a raso that changes every year on his feast day.
- We leave the Monastery to reach Lake Vouliagmeni of Loutraki. Surrounded by a natural pine forest, the Lakes of Hera with its serene atmosphere and unique natural beauty can take your breath away at first sight. It has a maximum length of 2 km and a maximum width of about 1 km. Its depth does not exceed 40 meters. Traces of human settlement have been found in the area near the narrow canal of the lake, a sign that the area has been inhabited since the 3rd millennium BC. It has sea water, saltier than that of the high seas, which is renewed by the tide every six hours. There you can enjoy a swim.
- Next visit will be the archeological site of Heraion. Heraion consists of two parts, dedicated to Hera Akraia and Hera Limenia respectively. The worship of the goddess began in the Geometric period, around 800 BC. The first arched temple was built in her honor. Later, other temples, altars, buildings and the market were added. The Corinthians used to visit the lake from the opposite shore twice a year and honoured the goddess with ceremonies and tributes. There are some reports that Medea buried her children there. Then we will follow the path that leads to the lighthouse of Melagavi. The view during the sunset is unique. It first operated in 1897 and continues until today.
We suggest you to have a wonderful meal in a traditional tavern surrounded by plane trees next to the village of Perachora, where the route to the tavern is magical, passing through lush trees that embrace the street. On our return to Athens we will stop at the Corinth Canal, a bridge of 6 kilometres long and 80 meters high, where you can take panoramic photos. The duration of the tour is 7-8 hours.
- Canal of Corinthos
- Cathedral of St. Paul of Corinthos
- Ancient Market & Vema of Apostle Paul in Corinthos
- Monastery of Osios Patapios in Loutraki
- Archaeological site of Heraion (the Temple of Hera)
- Lake of Vouliagmenis at Heraion
- Magnificent natural scenic
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation by Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Bottle of water
- All taxes
- Entrance fees
- Meals & personal expenses
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.