- All year
9 Day Group Tour in Ancient Greece & Santorini...
9 day group tour package in classical Greece & Greek Islands, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Olympia and Delphi, Meteora, combine 3 day tour in Santorini with its unique landscape, the caldera views, and the once-in-your-lifetime sunsets. Book online our organized group vacation packages in ancient Greece & Santorini, wear your hat and your suntan lotion, and feel the Greek summer.
Visit Mycenae with its prehistoric Acropolis (once home to one of the most famous royal houses in the Greek myth) and Epidaurus with its famous theater, world known for its fine acoustics. Stroll at the narrow streets of Nafplio full of old mansions. Visit Olympia where the ancient Olympic Games took place, visit the Oracle and the Temple of Apollo in Delphi. Stand facing the rocky Meteora formations and the suspended monasteries and feel the holiness of a place which is considered second only to Mt. Athos. The tour will be completed with an organized tour in Athens and Cape Sounio including lunch.
DAY 1: ATHENS - MYCENAE- EPIDAURUS - NAFPLIO - OLYMPIA:
Our bus will pick you up from your hotel and will drive the coastal road to the Corinth Canal, where a short stop will be made to take pictures of the Corinth Canal (until 2004, the bridge over the canal was the only way leading into the Peloponnese Peninsula). Continue your drive to Epidaurus where you will visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios and Theater of Epidauros, famous for its remarkable acoustics. We will, then proceed to the town of Nafplion (the first capital city of the modern Greek state) where you will stroll the narrow, cobble-stoned roads of the Old Town. Our next stop will be Mycenae where you will visit the Acropolis of Mycenae (once home to the Atreides family) and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Our tour will conclude in Olympia after passing through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games. Dinner and overnight in Olympia.
DAY 2: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI:
In the morning you will visit the Archaeological Site of Ancient Olympia with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium (where the Olympic Games were hold from 776 BC until 393 AD) and the Archaeological Museum houses plastic art masterpieces like the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios. Driving through the plains of Eliad and Achaia, we will cross the magnificent bridge that connects Peloponnese (town of Rion) with mainland Greece (town of Antirion), which was built in 2004 and became the second connection point between the two regions. Passing the picturesque towns of Naupactus (Lepanto) and Itea, we will arrive at the village of Delphi. Dinner and overnight in Delphi.
DAY 3: DELPHI - METEORA:
After your breakfast, we will visit Delphi site (considered by ancient Greeks to be “the navel of the Earth) with its Oracle, the Stadium (where the Pytheia Games were held and considered as sacred as the Olympic Games held in Olympia), the Ancient Theatre where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ''Charioteer'', one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. After departing Delphi, we will reach Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic rocky formation called Meteora (“suspended rocks), with the 6 Meteora Monasteries nested at the top of these rocks. Dinner and overnight in Meteora.
DAY 4: METEORA - ATHENS:
In the morning, we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. Meteora is a rock formation in central Greece hosting one of the largest and most precipitously built complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries, second in importance only to Mount Athos. The six (of an original twenty-four) monasteries are built on immense natural pillars and hill-like rounded boulders that dominate the local area. We will pay an inside visit to two of these monasteries, before we return to Athens, via Trikala, Lamia, and Thermopylae. In Thermopylae, we will make a brief stop at the statue of the Spartan King Leonidas, which stands as a memorial of his battle with his fellow 300 Spartan warriors (supported by 700 Thespian warriors) against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Emperor Xerxes, in 480 BC. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 5: ATHENS SIGHTSEEING & CAPE SOUNIO TOUR WITH LUNCH:
In the morning, we will start our Athens City Tour with a bus tour of the city, admiring among others the Parliament, the University, the Library, the Presidential Residence (Ex-King Residence) with the traditional presidential Guards, the Panathinaic Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896) and the Temple of Zeus before we proceed on foot to visit the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum. After lunch, we will drive to Cape Sounio to visit the second most popular sightseeing of Athens, the Temple of God Poseidon which is noted as the site of ruins of an ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. Late in the afternoon we will drop you off at your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 6: ATHENS – SANTORINI ISLAND:
Our driver meets you at your hotel to transfer you at Piraeus port to get the ferry departing at about 07.00 to reach in Santorini at about 11.55. Santorini is stunningly beautiful and is the destination that you won’t to miss, because the houses is built up on the rim of volcano that is a unique landscape of the world. One of the top things to do while here is enjoy the sunset via a cruise tour. Overnight in Santorini
DAY 7: SANTORINI ISLAND:
(optional) Sunset Cruise to Volcano with buffet on board. Pick you up from your hotel after noon to start the excellent sunset cruise tour to volcano having our first stop at the famous volcano of Santorini! Then, you will walk to the volcano’s ridge with your guide, and he is going to explain you everything about the history and the geology of the volcano. Our next stop will be the island of Palea Kameni where the famous hot springs are located on the west side. Dinner on board sailing above the underwater craters from Palia Kameni to Thirasia Island, the boat will anchor close to the island to enjoy your dinner. The end of the excursion comes on sunset time. Our boat will stop close to Oia village where you will have the chance to watch the warm light of the setting sun under the violet sky before the night falls. This is the most unforgettable experience as the Caldera and the village of Oia will turn into gold color! Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 8: SANTORINI ISLAND:
(optional) Tour at Excavation of Akrotiri, Villages & Wine tour. Our bus will pick you up from your hotel to start this excellent Village & Wine tour in Santorini. We will visit the village Megalochori to admire the cycladic culture, we will pass by the famous Red Beach or the black beach. We will visit Pyrgos village that is the highest point of the island with the magnificent panoramic view where you can take memorable photos! Our next stop will be at a perfect winery in Santorini, where you will taste the local wines with finger food, admiring the famous winery with the panoramic view! We will also pay a visit at the old city of Akrotiri one of the most important archaeological site in Greece, that present the Bronze Age, which was destroyed by an eruption of the volcano, approximately 1500 years before the destruction of Pompeii. Our official guide will explain everything about the Excavation of Akrotiri. The tour takes about 6 hours with shared bus. (The same tour is also available on a private basis. All you have to do is to ask for it!) Overnight in Santorini.
DAY 9¨SANTORINI – ATHENS:
Transfer from your hotel to Santorini port to get the ferry to Athens. Our driver will be waiting at Piraeus port to transfer you to your hotel. Our services ends.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Acropolis & the new Museum of Acropolis
- Cape Sounio & the Temple of Poseidon
- Mycenae & Ancient Epidaurus
- Archaeological site of Ancient Olympia
- Delphi, Temple of Apollo
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Sunset of Oia at Santorini
- Walk to narrow street at Mykonos & Santorini
- Cruise tour Volcano
- Transportation with Air conditioned first class bus
- Transfer from/to Piraeus port/hotel
- Transfers from/to port/hotel in Santorini
- 8 Nights' accommodation with breakfast
- 3 Dinner (Olympia, Delphi, Meteora)
- Entrance fees at the archaeological sites (except Santorini)
- Licensed Tour guide accompany (except Santorini)
- Fast Ferry tickets from Piraeus port/Santorini/Piraeus
- Welcome bag with gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Meals & Personal expenses
- Optional tours in Santorini
- Hotel City Tax - paid at the hotels
- Our group tours include lunches, licensed tour guides and entrance fees at the sites (except the tours at the Islands, as it is a self-guided tours)
- All our group tours operated in English language, but in some dates most of the tours operated also in French, please let us know for your preference language.
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers; have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- We provide you Air-conditioned Buses first class, from 18 seats to 56 seats, depends on the participants of the group.
- The bus pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Airbnb downtown of Athens or from the closer point of your hotel, in walking distances
- If you will arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- At the Islands, our local driver will be waiting at the port or airport in each island, holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations.
- You can choose your single private room for 1 pax, a double sharing room for 2 pax, or a triple sharing room for 3 pax
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the voucher with pick up time via email and the contact emergency phone number
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.