All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
One Day Pivate Jewish Tour in Athens....
Book now a Jewish tour in Athens to visit the most popular Jews monuments in Athens such us the Synagogue in the Agora, Beth Shalom, Etz Haim Synagogue & the Jewish Museum of Athens. Get a unique experience of our services to have a memorable Jewish heritage tour of Athens, combining tour in Acropolis....
Our driver will pick you up and you will start your tour with a visit in Acropolis, a monument of great architectural and historic significance. We continue our Athens Jewish Tour. You will visit at the Synagogue in the Agora of Athens is an ancient synagogue located in the Ancient Agora of Athens. During an excavation in the summer of 1977, a piece of Pentelic marble apparently once part of a curvilinear frieze over a doorway or niche was discovered a few meters from the northeast corner of the Metroon. The marble fragment is incised with the images of a seven-branched Menorah and a Lulav, or palm branch. The synagogue is thought to date from the period between 267 and 396 CE.
- Then, you will visit Beth Shalom Synagogue which is the principal synagogue of Athens, Greece. It was built in 1935 of white Pentelic marble, the architecture is an austere Greek revival style; the building was renovated in 1975. The synagogue is managed by Rabbi Gabriel Negrin, who was elected by the council of Athens’ Jewish community following the death of the longtime leader Jacob Arar in 2014.
- Afterwards, you will continue to see the Etz Chaim Synagogue which is right across from Beth Shalom. It was built in 1904 by Greek Romaniote Jews who came from Ioannina, and for this reason it is also called the "Romanian" or "Yannonian" synagogue by the oldest members of the community. The synagogue suffered serious damage from the 1999 earthquake, mainly on the roof, which was radically renovated in 2006 and officially opened on 30 June 2007 by the Jewish Community of Athens. However, due to renovation, architectural interventions took place inside it and this created objections. The Etz Chaim Synagogue only works during the great religious celebrations of the Jewish Community. Only a few meters away from the synagogue, lies the New Holocaust Memorial of Greek Jews which is the point in which on March 24, 1944, the Germans entrapped and arrested the Greek Jews.
- Finally, you will pay a visit to the Jewish Museum of Athens which was established by Nicholas Stavroulakis in 1977 to preserve the material culture of the Greek Jews. The Museum was founded to collect, preserve, and research and exhibit the material evidence of 2,300 years of Jewish life in Greece. As a historical and ethnographical museum its main interest is to provide a vivid picture of Jewish life and culture as it was during those centuries. The collection contains more than ten thousand artefacts (some of which are unique) pertaining to the domestic and religious life, as well as the history of the Greek Jews.
- Of course we will have the opportunity for a panoramic city tour in Athens cover the most popular sites of Athens. You will visit Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times took place in 1896. It is the only stadium built out of white marble. Proceeding, we will visit Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus e.t.c. The duration of the tour is about 7- 8 hours
- Acropolis & Panoramic City tour
- Ancient Synagogue & Ancient Agora of Athens
- Beth Shalom Synagogue
- Etz Haim Synagogue
- Jewish tour at the Museum of Athens
- New Holocaust Memorial of Greek Jews
- Pick up & drop off from your designated point
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees
- Meals & personal expenses
In order to take full advantage of your tour in Greece, we strongly suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
Our tours are absolutely private only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.