- All year
9 Day Luxury Holidays to Peloponnese...
9 day luxury holiday package in Greece to explore the mysterious Mani of Peloponnese known for its magnificent landscape combining private tour to UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Sites, the Theater of Epidaurus, the "Golden city" of Mycenae, Ancient Olympia also at the romantic city of Nafplio! Enjoy Romantic walks & gourmet dining.
Explore the deep Mani of Peloponnese, known for its powerful landscape! Mysterious Mani is almost untouched by time. Indelible beauty and undeniable allure, jagged coastlines and beaches with crystal water, austere local architecture with the fortress-like tower houses, and the rocky. This 9 day luxury tour to Peloponnese, build visual tension but the soporific union of the infinite horizon separating and the endless blue appeases all senses. We will visit also the Cape Tainaron and the cave where Hercules faced Cerberus. According to Mythology this cave is one of the entrances to underworld. We will explore the Castles of Monemvasia, we will have romantic walk around the traditional villages and you will tasting the delicious meals with hand-made products
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY:
- Meet & Greet at Athens Airport and transfer you at the hotel. We proposed a luxury hotels for your stay located at the center of Athens, which you can explore the delights of the city, to walk at Constitution Square and the House of Parliament, or at traditional area of Plaka. Overnight in Athens
DAY 2: ATHENS:
- Private tour Athens & Cape Sounio. We start our tour with a visit at one of the most iconic structures in Athens, the Athenian Acropolis. The Acropolis holds the essence of the entire country and its ancient civilization. You will walk at the Theatre of Dionysus, marvel at the balcony of the Caryatids, and of course, the famous Parthenon. Descend through the olive trees in the Museum of Acropolis which holds ancient artifacts of everyday life and statues from the archaic period that will definitely impress you. Later on, you will have a panoramic city tour with a photo stop at the Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times took place in 1896, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and other sites of major significance. Stroll through the narrow streets of Plaka, full of old mansions. Then, visit Cape Sounio, known for the imposing sanctuary of Poseidon. Start the tour in the afternoon in order to combine it with the magnificent sunset, as seen from Cape Sounio. The duration of the tour is 8 hours . Overnight in Athens
DAY 3: ATHENS – ANCIENT EPIDAURUS – MYCENAE - NAFPLIO
- The Ancient Greece tour combines the two following UNESCO World Heritage Archaeological Sites, the Sanctuary and the Theatre of Asclepius in Epidaurus sanctuary which reflects not only the great history of Hellenistic and Roman periods, but also how powerful the Ancient Greek spiritual beliefs were and the city of Mycenae. Mycenae the "Golden City" of ancient Greece is a visit that must not be missed. Mycenae was the epicenter of the Mycenaean world and gave its name to a period and a civilization that evolved throughout the entire Hellenic civilization. Totally, we will reach Nafplio one of the most historic cities of the region, full of spectacular monuments and sights that have stories that span from the ancient times to the medieval. Explore the ancient castles that boast riveting legends to the many museums that paint a clear picture of the architectural, historical and cultural stories that Nafplio is founded upon. You also may simply stroll through the quaint streets of the old town with many shops, coffee and lined with restaurants. Overnight in Nafplio
DAY 4: MYSTRAS – DEEP MANI OF PELOPONNESE.
- Leave Nafplio and pass through the heart of the Taÿgetos Mountains, reaching the ancient glory Mystras a village of Peloponnese. The tower of Mystras was a very strong castle-town during the Byzantine times. Wander around the castle city and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa. Then we will reach at Deep Mani, known for its powerful landscape! Deep Mani is almost untouched by time. Indelible beauty and undeniable allure, jagged coastlines, coves, mountains, and beaches with crystal water, austere local architecture with the fortress-like tower houses, and the rocky, almost barren land build visual tension, but the soporific union of the infinite horizon separating and the endless blue appeases all senses. Amidst the overwhelming, almost audacious natural splendor of Deep Mani, the brand new Bassa Maina complex proudly stands sentinel over the rugged coastline, with its impressive architecture, sophisticated elegance and unobstructed sea vistas. Promises nothing less than an unforgettable stay in one of the beautiful private villa, with luxury facilities. Overnight in Mani
DAY 5: DEEP MANI:
- Explore village "Vatheia" & Cape Tainaron (Cape Matapan)". On our way towards Cape Tainaro we will stop in a little village called Vatheia where little towers emerge from a hillside. Travel back to the past by wandering about the settlements’ alleys. There are many traditional villages on Mani, but Vathia Village is the nicest for photos, due to little towers around, churches, It is a magic landscape under the vast blue sea. We will reach at the southernmost point of mainland Greece, where Ancient Greeks marked the area as a passage to the underworld. We will start our walk from Agion Asomaton Church, built with stones from the ancient temple Tainaro of Poseidon. Continue our tour to see the cave where Hercules faced Cerberus. According to Mythology this cave is one of the entrances to underworld. For hiking lover from here take 45-minute hike and reach the Akrotainaro lighthouse where the Ionian meets the Aegean Sea. Close your eyes and let the myth-laden scenery exert its power on you! Overnight in Mani
DAY 6: DEEP MANI:
- Explore the Tower Town of Monemvasiá, a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”–, which was occupied by the Byzantines, the Crusaders, the Venetians, and the Turks in the past. Explore the Castle and walk along the cobbled street. Visit lovely churches. The Church of Agia Sofia located at the highest point of Monemvasia. Visit the Archaeological Collection. In a small building facing the Plaza of Monemvasia, building is a former Muslim Mosque that was built during the 16th century. Before leave Monemvasia, taste culinary delights and get memorable panoramic photos of the endless blue! Overnight in Mani
DAY 7: DEEP MANI – DIROS CAVE - ANCIENT OLYMPIA
- We leave Peninsula of Mani and we have our first stop at Diros Cave, a secret underground world. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Caves have served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times and their inhabitant believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld. Here you can marvel at what nature creates!! Passing through the natural beauty of the coastline villages of "Stoupa" & "Kardamili" and "Zacharo" surrounded by sandy beaches we will reach at Olympia. Check in and free time for yourself. Overnight in Olympia
DAY 8: ANCIENT OLYMPIA – ATHENS
- Today we will visit Olympia an UNESCO World Heritage site and the birthplace of the Olympic Games, one of the four most worshiped athletic event in the Ancient Greek world, is never enough. Visit the Temple of Zeus, crafted by the famous Phidias which was among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Walk around the Palestra and the Gymnasium once used by the thousands of male athletes gathered here to take place in the Olympic Games and win its unique award, an olive wreath form the holy olive trees of Altis. Enter the Stadium form the crypt and find yourself in another era. Visit the Archaeological museum which houses plastic art masterpieces like the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios and the sculptures once decorating the Temple of Zeus. Before leave Olympia, we will visit a local honey farm, for a rest at its gardens. While sipping a glass of fresh juice or a cup of Greek coffee with a hand-made quince spoonful sweet. Return in Athens late in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens
DAY 9: DEPARTURE DAY:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to transfer you to Athens airport according to your flight details.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Acropolis, Acropolis Museum
- Cape Sounio & Athenian Riviera
- Plaka & Monastiraki area
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Romantic city of Nauplio
- Peninsula Of Deep Mani
- Tower Town of Mystras
- Tower Town of Monamvasia
- Diros Cave
- Traditional Villages
- Tower Town of Viallage Vatheia
- Cape of Matapan (Tainaro)
- Ancient Olympia
- Porter services at Athens airport
- Meet & Greet at Athens airport
- English Speaking professional chauffeur
- Private Transfer from/to Athens airport/hotel
- Private Tour Athens & Cape Sounio with Guide
- Licensed guide in Mycenae, Epidaurus, Olympia
- 8 Nights' accommodation with breakfast
- 24/7 Concierge Services
- 24/7 Ground Support
- Goody bag with gifts upon your arrival
- All taxes
- Meals& Personal expenses
- Entrance fees at the Archaeological sites
- Hotel city tax 5 euro / per night paid at the hotel
- All of our drivers speak fluent English, have high experience and great knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you with general information for each site but they are not licensed tour guides.
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with a wide selection of luxurious cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or Premium SUV
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Minivan type Mercedes Vito/V-Class
- Available also upon request, Helicopter Charters between the Islands or from/to Athens
- We provide you with a wide variety of activities, luxury tours or private cruises in each island, tailored to your preference.
- Our private tours include licensed tour guides and entrance fees at the sites
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport our representative will be waiting at the arrival’s hall holding a sign with your name written on it. He will assist you with your luggage and will escort you to the vehicle in order to depart to your accommodation. Inside the vehicle you will find mineral water and wet tissues.
- Your chauffeur will also hand you a welcome package with complimentary local items and the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, hotel vouchers, contact details of representatives in each island and other useful information).
- We cooperate with impeccable five-star hotels located in outstanding areas. Our suggested hotels (depending on availability) are:
- In Athens: "Grand Bretange" room with Acropolis view or "Electra Metropolis Athens"
- In Nafplio: "Impero Luxury Suite" or "Ippoliti Hotel" or similar
- In Mani, Peloponnese: "BASSA MAINA Villas & Suites" or "Kinsterna hotel" or similar
- In Olympia, "Arty Grand" or "Olympion Asty"
- Once your booking is finalized, we will inform you about the hotels. In addition, our team can arrange pre & post tour accommodation to exquisite hotels.
- Our luxury holiday packages are completely PRIVATE tailored to your comments and preferences.
- You can add or remove any detail from our proposed program in order for the tour to be modified to your preferences. Moreover, please note that we can accommodate private bigger group for special occasions (wedding evens, vow renewals, birthday celebrations, etc)
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 5 € per room per day - paid directly at the hotel
- In order to confirm any booking, 50% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 60 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 59 days to 40 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 39 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.