All year, any time that you wish.
Day Tour in Corinth, Cave of Lakes & Journey with Cog Railway...
If you are looking for an alternative day tour from Athens, go ahead with this day trip to Ancient Corinth, Cave of Lakes at Kalavrita & journey with the Cog Railway to enjoy the natural environment. It’s a destination ideal for those aiming to combine their love for nature with their romantic mood.
During this wonderful day trip from Athens, we will visit also Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. When reach in Kalavryta you will see the stone-built houses, small squares, charming alleys, picturesque cafés and tavernas right next to shady plane trees. The highlights of our day tour from Athens is the journey with Cog Railway (Odontotos). It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander.
Finally we will have the chance to discover a wonder of nature: the Cave of the Lakes at the foot of Mt Chelmos. A rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one
- Pick you up from your hotel at 08.00 and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul. We will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier.
- Next stop at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto going through Vouraikos Canyon, is one of the most beautiful natural sights and is one of the most spectacular railway rides.in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. When the incline gets really steep it switches from regular track to a cog system. The journey end at the town of Kalavryta.
- Our driver meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes". A rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» and you have the feeling of being on a floating corridor. Also you will admire strange stalactite formations. In winter when the snow melts, the cave is transformed into a subterranean river with natural waterfalls. The cave's explored length is 1,980 meters. The developed part of the cave is currently 500 meters long. You will start to explore the cave through an artificial tunnel that leads you directly to the second floor, whose sight is truly awe-inspiring. The passage of the lakes is made by elevated artificial bridges. ΅We have a stop for lunch and the picturesque village of Kalavrita. The duration of the tour is about 10 hours
**ADDITIONAL YOU CAN VISIT "MEGA SPILAIO" WITH EXTRA COST.
The Great monastery "Mega spilaio" that is situated at the opening of a large natural cave on Helmos mountain range, above the precipitous canyon of the Vouraikos River, at an altitude of 899 meters. The Monastery, considered the oldest in Greece, was built in 362 BC. The main church has frescoes dated from 1653, impressive marble floors, wood carved altarpiece, etc. while the frescoes trace back to the early 19th century. The Museum of the Monastery, boasts a rare banner with the forms of three Byzantine Emperors, manuscripts with excellent miniatures, precious golden crosses out of Holy Wood, copperplate etchings, portraitures, Gospels written on parchment, Chrysanthos Chrysanthou Notaras' scapular, gold-embroidered Epitaphs, antimensia, Byzantine icons of great value, etc. Its library of more than 3,000 book volumes and a plethora of prints is also of immense value.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth & Bema of Apsotle Paul
- Cog Railway (odontotos)
- Cave of Lakes
- Traditional village of Kalavryta
- Mega Spilaio (OPTIONAL)
- The Museum of the Monastery
- The library Monastery with 3,000 book
- Transportation with private car or Minivan
- Pickup & Drop of from your hotel downtown
- English Speaking driver
- Tour leader at the Cave of Lakes
- All taxes
- Personal expenses & meals
- Entrance fees / Tickets to Cog Railway
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and are well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but are not official guides.
you have the below choices in order to have tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide to accompany you
- You can book tour leader to accompany you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airprot/Hotel or Piraesu port
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- Tickets Adults: 9,00 €
- Tickets Childrens (4-12 yrs): 4,50 €
- Tickets Adults: 9,50 €
- Tickets Childrens (4-12 yrs): 4,50 €
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.