- All year, any time that you wish.
Day Tour in Corinth, Cave of Lakes & Journey with Cog Railway...
Book online a day tour from Athens, to Ancient Corinth, Cave of Lakes at Kalavrita & journey with the Cog Railway to enjoy the natural environment. It is a destination ideal for those aiming to combine their love for nature with their romantic mood.
During this wonderful day trip from Athens, we will visit also Ancient Corinth, we will have the chance to discover a wonder of nature: the Cave of the Lakes at the foot of Mt Chelmos. A rare creation of Nature. We have tour at the village of Kalavryta to see the stone-built houses, small squares, charming alleys, picturesque cafés and tavernas right next to shady plane trees. The highlights of our day tour from Athens is the journey with Cog Railway (Odontotos). The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander.
- Pick you up from your hotel at 08.00 and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul. We will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier.
- Next stop at "Diakofto" to take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) which links Kalavrita with Diakopto going through Vouraikos Canyon, is one of the most beautiful natural sights and is one of the most spectacular railway rides.in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans. The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. When the incline gets really steep it switches from regular track to a cog system. The journey end at the town of Kalavryta.
- Our driver meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes". A rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge» and the «waterfalls» «falling» and you have the feeling of being on a floating corridor. Also you will admire strange stalactite formations. In winter when the snow melts, the cave is transformed into a subterranean river with natural waterfalls. The cave's explored length is 1,980 meters. The developed part of the cave is currently 500 meters long. You will start to explore the cave through an artificial tunnel that leads you directly to the second floor, whose sight is truly awe-inspiring. The passage of the lakes is made by elevated artificial bridges. ΅We have a stop for lunch and the picturesque village of Kalavrita. The duration of the tour is about 10 hours
**ADDITIONAL YOU CAN VISIT "MEGA SPILAIO" WITH EXTRA COST.
The Great monastery "Mega spilaio" that is situated at the opening of a large natural cave on Helmos mountain range, above the precipitous canyon of the Vouraikos River, at an altitude of 899 meters. The Monastery, considered the oldest in Greece, was built in 362 BC. The main church has frescoes dated from 1653, impressive marble floors, wood carved altarpiece, etc. while the frescoes trace back to the early 19th century. The Museum of the Monastery, boasts a rare banner with the forms of three Byzantine Emperors, manuscripts with excellent miniatures, precious golden crosses out of Holy Wood, copperplate etchings, portraitures, Gospels written on parchment, Chrysanthos Chrysanthou Notaras' scapular, gold-embroidered Epitaphs, antimensia, Byzantine icons of great value, etc. Its library of more than 3,000 book volumes and a plethora of prints is also of immense value.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth & Bema of Apsotle Paul
- Cog Railway (odontotos)
- Cave of Lakes
- Traditional village of Kalavryta
- Mega Spilaio (OPTIONAL)
- The Museum of the Monastery
- The library Monastery with 3,000 book
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Train Tickets to Gog Railway
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Tour Leader at the Cave of Lakes
- Baby seat or booster without extra charge (upon request)
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth & Cave of Lakes
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth
- 10 euro Cog Railway
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.