- All year, any time that you wish.
Private Tour Corinth, Caves of Lakes & Cog Railway...
10 - 11 Hours: Join us for a fascinating private day trip to Ancient Corinth, one of the most important city-states in ancient Greece, where you can immerse yourself in the grandeur of ancient architecture and mythology, there, we will visit the Caves of Lakes at Kalavrita, a stunning network of underground lakes and waterfalls that will leave you breathless.
But the highlight of our private tour is the Journey with Cog Railway, a unique and unforgettable experience that takes you through breathtaking landscapes and picturesque villages on a mountainous train ride. You will get to see the stunning beauty of the Vouraikos Gorge from a whole new perspective, as the train snakes its way up the mountainside.
Our experienced driever will be with you every step of the way, providing fascinating insights of this fascinating region. You will also have the opportunity to sample delicious local food and wines, as well as indulge in some souvenir shopping.
- Join us for a once-in-a-lifetime experience on our one-day private tour from Athens that takes you to the best of Corinth, Kalavrita Caves, and Cog Railway.
- Ancient Corinth: You'll be picked up from your hotel at about 08.00 am and taken along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, where you'll stop at the impressive Canal of Corinth. From there, we'll take you to Ancient Corinth, one of the beloved cities of Saint Paul, where you'll get the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul.
- Cog Railway : Next, we'll take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) from Diakofto to Kalavrita, an unforgettable experience as the train goes through Vouraikos Canyon, one of the most beautiful natural sights in Greece. You'll travel through streams, climb the narrow gorge, and pass through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs, and through forests of pine and oleander. We'll have a stop for lunch at the picturesque village of Kalavrita before you can choose to
- Cave of the Lakes: Once we reach Kalavrita, our driver will take you to the mysterious, magnificent, and unique "Cave of the Lakes", where you'll see small and large lakes with different colors, strange stalactite formations, and waterfalls falling, giving you the feeling of being on a floating corridor. You'll explore the cave through an artificial tunnel that leads you directly to the second floor, whose sight is truly awe-inspiring.
- (optional) Visit the Great monastery "Mega spilaio" at an extra cost. The Monastery, considered the oldest in Greece, was built in 362 BC, and its library of more than 3,000 book volumes and a plethora of prints is also of immense value.
- Don't miss this chance to book inline the best private day trip of Corinth, Kalavrita Caves, and Cog Railway in one day tour. Book now to make memories that will last a lifetime!
- Explore the ancient ruins of Corinth, one of the most important city-states in ancient Greece
- Visit the Corinth Canal, a engineering marvel that connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf
- Discover the underground world of the Cave of Lakes, with its impressive stalactites and stalagmites
- Take a scenic ride on the Cog Railway of Diakopto-Kalavryta, passing through breathtaking landscapes and narrow gorges
- Enjoy a traditional Greek lunch at a local taverna, with fresh and delicious regional specialties
- Learn about the history and culture of the region from a knowledgeable and friendly private guide
- Have the flexibility to customize the itinerary to your interests and preferences
- Travel comfortably and conveniently with private transportation to and from your hotel or accommodation.
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Train Tickets to Gog Railway
- Tour Leader at the Cave of Lakes
- Mineral water, wet & dry tissues
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth & Cave of Lakes
- Meals & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit.
- They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
- They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip, we suggest you have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- In cooperation with the Luxury Car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr ith a wide selection of brand new cars we offer the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address) which hand you a folder with the necessary travel documents (air tickets & ferry tickets if relevant, and other useful information).
- Once your booking is finalized, we will send you the booking confirmation form with pick up time and other details of the trip.
- One day prior to the trip we will send you the drivers’ details.
- If you arrive at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- Our tours are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- We can arrange private arrival & departure transfers from/to Athens airport
- We keep your luggage at our luggage store with 3€ per day/per luggage
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth
- 12 euro Cave of Lakes
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.