All year, any time that you wish.
8 Days Christian Tour in Greece with Patmos on...
Book our 8-day Christian tour in Greece and travel all over Greece, following the footsteps of St. Paul, walk at the paths where he walked and preached the speech of god.
Visit the Ancient Agora, the "Mars Hill" and Palaio Faliro, where the presence of St. Paul has been intense and decisive.
Tour in Corinth, one of Saint Paul’s beloved cities and visit ancient Corinth, the Ancient Market, the Bema of Apostle Paul, the Metropolitan Church that he founded.
Visit the area of Delphi, the byzantine monastery of Hosios Lukas and travel in northern Greece. Tour in Veroia and Vergina.
Following St. Paul's journeys, visit Kavala, the "Agiasma of St. Paul" at Nea Fokea and the “baptisma site” at Filippoi, where the first Christians in Europe were baptized.
Visit Tempe Valley, a gorge through which flows the Pineios River, an area of great importance since ancient times!
Tour in Thessaloniki, admire the Arch of Galerius and explore churches that are of great importance. Visit the Rotonda, St. Demetrius Basilica, Acheiropoietos and the Vlatades Monastery among others.
You should also visit the Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks and admire the statue of Leonidas in Thermopylae as a memorial of the battle of Spartans against the Persian Empire!
Last but not least, visit Patmos, a destination strongly recommended for those who are interested in Christian tours. Tour in the Monastery of St. John, the Chapel of Virgin Mary and admire the Grotto of the Apocalypse!
DAY 1: ATHENS – THERMOPILES - VLATADES MONASTERY OF ST. PAUL - THESSALONIKI:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 and we will have our first stop at about 11.00 at Thermopiles in order to admire the statue of Leonidas, as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. We continue to have the second stop at Valley of Tempe at about 14.00. The Vale of Tempe is a gorge in the Tempi municipality of northern Thessaly. The valley is 10 kilometers long and as narrow as 25 meters in places, with cliffs nearly 500 meters high, and through it flows the Pineios River. After that we will arrive at Thessaloniki at about 17.00. You will check in and after you rest, we will visit the Vlatades Monastery, where it is said that Apostle Paul stopped there to drink some water. That is why it is called “Apostle Paul’s Holy Water". Believers from all over the world worship the space of Holy Water and enjoy the magnificent panoramic view to Thermaikos Gulf & Thessaloniki. In the same area is also located the Orthodox Church of St. Paul. Afterwards, we suggest you to taste the delicious Greek cuisine or to walk at the coast line of the city, the second bigger city of Greece! Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 2: THESSALONIKI - FILIPPOI - NEA FOKEA - KAVALA:
- After your breakfast, we will explore Thessaloniki, where Paul preached and wrote two epistles to the Ancient Thessalonians, during the winters of 49-50 AD. See the ramparts of the city: the triumphal Arch of Galerius, built in 303 AD, at the Via Egnatia. Visit the Rotunda, one of the most imposing monuments of Thessaloniki. Visit St. Demetrius Basilica, in which is located the underground ancient “Crypt", the most important part of the temple. According to the Christian Tradition, the saint was imprisoned here and died in 303 A.D. Visit the Acheiropoietos Church - a gem of devotion: The Acheiropoietos Church owes its name to an icon of the Virgin Mary, (‘Acheiropoietos’ meaning "made not by human hands ") that was kept in the church. It is one of the first churches of Christianity, founded sometime between 450 and 475 AD. We leave Thessaloniki to reach at the small town of Nea Fokea, to visit the ''Agiasma of St. Paul'', an underground corridor, which ends to a chamber, where St. Paul was hidden when the people of Thessaloniki run after him. Our next visit is at Philippoi, where St. Paul preached his first evangelical sermon and baptized the first Christians in Europe! Visit the ''Baptismal'' site, where Lydia was baptized, as the first European woman, and the secret crypt where Paul was imprisoned. Finally, we will visit the Acropolis of Filippoi. There you can visit the theatre, Basilica and the prison were Apostle Paul and Silas where thrown. Continue into the modern city of Kavala, the "ancient Neapolis", where Paul accompanied by Silas, Luke and Timothy, first set foot in Europe. We will have lunch in the town of Kavala. Overnight in Kavala
DAY 3: KAVALA – VEROIA – VERGINA- METEORA:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 to visit the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece. . We will visit the church of Apostle Paul and the marble ''Vima of Apostle Paul'', the place Paul preached to the people of one of his beloved towns for many days. We continue to the Ancient town of Vergina, to visit the King's tombs that one of them belongs at the father of Alexander the Great and ex-king. Afterwards, we will head to Meteora. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora).
DAY 4: METEORA – DELPHI:
- Our driver pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 and we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro (or similar) which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, (or similar) which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. It was damaged by the Nazis during World War II who believed it was harboring insurgents and was abandoned. Nuns took it over and reconstructed it. Furthermore you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery. At about 13.00 we leave from Meteora to reach in Delphi to check in at your hotel. Then, you will have free time for yourselves. You can explore the most beautiful traditional winter resort in Greece, called Arachova. Overnight in Arachova (near Delphi).
DAY 5: DELPHI – MONASTERY OF SAINT LOUKAS - ATHENS:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 in order to have a visit at the area of Delphi. You will visit the Castalia Sping, the Temple of Apollon, famous for its oracle, and Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. The next visit will be at the wonderful Byzantine Monastery of St. Lukas. The Monastery of Saint Lukas is an 11th century monastery, the epitome of the Byzantine architecture, included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. Afterwards, you will have lunch at a traditional Greek tavern, before returning to Athens, late in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 6: CHRISTIAN TOUR ATHENS – PATMOS ISLAND:
- We will pick you up from your hotel at 13.00 to start the brilliant Christian tour in Athens. We will pay a visit at a small church at the coastal district of Palaio Faliro, where St Paul arrived with the escort of Beroes after his departure from Veroia and Thessaloniki. Continue by visiting one of the biggest churches in Athens, of Saint Paul, and then visit a small church of 11th century at Acropolis and the "Mars Hill", where Apostle Paul proclaimed the word of the Christian God to the Athenian philosophers. We continue our tour in Athens, visiting the Ancient Market. We continue our tour in Athens, visiting ancient Agora which was the heart of Athens in antiquity and the meeting point of Saint Paul with the first followers of Christianity in Athens. Of course we will combine the visit with a panoramic city tour in Athens, at the most important sightseeing of the town, the Panathinaiko stadium, the Parliament, the Presidential Guards, the Trilogy of Athens, etc. At the end of the tour we will drop you of at the port of Piraeus to get the ferry for Patmos Island departing at 19:00 pm and arriving in Patmos at 03:15 am. Overnight in the boat. When you will arrive at the port of Patmos, Skala, our local driver will be there holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to transfer you at your hotel to rest.
DAY 7: CHRISTIAN TOUR IN PATMOS AT THE GROTTO OF THE APOCALYPSE:
- Our driver pick you up from the hotel at 14.00 to visit the Grotto of the Apocalypse. The frescoes to the left of the entrance portray the miracles and travels of St. John the Evangelist, as written by Prochorus, a supposed disciple. The fresco to the right of the entrance portrays St. John's battle with the priest of Apollo at Patmos, who the story says was called Kynops. St. John threw Kynops into the water of the harbor at Skala, and Kynops turned to stone. The rock is still pointed out as a local landmark in the harbor. Our next visit is at the Monastery of St. John and The Chapel of Virgin Mary: 12th century frescoes were uncovered by 1956 earthquake that shattered the 17th century coverings. We will also visit the village of Grikos, and enjoy the freshness of a drink by the sea, or even a swim at the beach before our driver drop you off at the Patmos port at about 22.30 to take the ferry departing from there at 23.55 and arriving at Piraeus Port at 08.05, the next day. Overnight in the boat
Day 8: PIRAEUS PORT – CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ANCIENT CORINTH:
- Our driver will be waiting at the port holding a sign with your name written on it in order to meet you and start the Christian Tour in Korinthos. Driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of Saint Paul's beloved cities. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul or Galionas, a large elevated rostrum standing prominently in the center of the Roman Forum of ancient Corinth and from where the city’s officials addressed the public (probably because of the monument’s connection to Saint Paul, the Bema was transformed into a Christian church during the Byzantine period, and we will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. After our visit, we will make a short stop for a cup of coffee and we will return back to Athens
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Statue of Leonidas
- The Valley of Tempe
- City of Thessaloniki
- The monastery of Vlatades of St.Paul
- The Crypt of Saint Demetrius
- Nea Fokea – ''Agiasma'' St. Paul
- Filippi – ''Baptismal'' site
- The prison where Apostle Paul and Silas were thrown
- City of Kavala "ancient Neapolis"
- Veria – ''Vima of Apostle Paul''
- Meteora and Monasteries
- Acropolis and ''Mars Hill'' and Ancient Market
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth and Cathedral of St. Paul
- Ancient Roman Market in Korinthos
- The Grotto of teh Apocalypse in Patmos Islands
- The village of Grikos in Patmos
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- English Speaking driver
- Pick up & Drop of from hotel or specific check points
- Transfer from/to Hotel/Piraeus port
- 7 Nights accommodation as folows:
- 1 Night accommodation in Thessaloniki
- 1Night accommodation in Kavala
- 1 Night accommodation in Meteora
- 1 Night accommodation in Delphi
- 1 Night accommodation in Athens
- 1 Overnight at the Ferry boat in a Cabin
- 1 Night accommodation in Patmos Island (or plus a half day used till your deparure)
- Daily breakfast
- Ferry tickets from/to Piraeus port to Patmos Island in cabin
- Pick up & drop of from/to Patmos port/hotel in Patmos
- Private Tour in Patmos at the Grotto of the Apocalypse
- Welcome Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 2 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and have very good knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but they are not official guides.
You have the below choices in order to have tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide to accompany you
- You can book to have tour leader accompanying you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
- We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
We provide you a double shared cabin from/to Piraeus port/Patmos port. Sometime the ferry routes can be changed depend from the shipping company schedule. In any case we will modify the program accordingly.
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
- 3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels.
- 8 euro / person in Ancient Corinth
- 8 euro / person in Ancient market in Athens
- 20 euro / person in Acropolis
- 12 euro / person in Vergina
- 12 euro / person in Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 12 euro / person in Filippoi
- 4 euro / person in Monastery of Saint loucas
- 12 euro / person for Grotto of the Apocalypse
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.