- All Year.
8 Days Christian Tour in Greece with Patmos on...
Our 8 day Christian faith & prayer tour package is being operated with professional & knowledgeable tour guides. Strengthen your faith and walk at the same paths that Apostle Paul walked. Last but not least, we will have a tour in Patmos at the Monastery of St. John, the Chapel of Virgin Mary and admire the Grotto of the Apocalypse!
We will visit the ancient Corinth and the Metropolitan Church that he founded. The Greek port of “Kechries” from where his next journey to Syria began. We also visit "Mars Hill", and ancient Agora in Athens. In Northern Greece visit the marble "Vima of Apostle Paul" in Veroia. Following Apostle Paul's journey, visit the "Agiasma of St. Paul" at Nea Fokea, Filippi, where the first Christians in Europe were baptized, you will see the "Lydia’s Vaptisma" and the "ancient Neapolis" in Kavala, where Paul landed to begin his missionary labors in Europe. We will have a churches tour in Thessaloniki and other Christianity points, Rotonda, St. Demetrius Basilica, Acheiropoietos and the Vlatades Monastery and finally we will visit the Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora, standing between earths & sky!
DAY 1: ATHENS – THERMOPILES - VLATADES MONASTERY OF ST. PAUL - THESSALONIKI:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 and we will have our first stop at about 11.00 at Thermopiles in order to admire the statue of Leonidas, as a memorial of the battle of the 300. We continue to have the second stop at Valley of Tempe at about 14.00. We have a short stop at the Vale of Tempe before to arrive at Thessaloniki. You will check in and after you rest, we will visit the Vlatades Monastery, where it is said that Apostle Paul stopped there to drink some water. That is why it is called “Apostle Paul’s Holy Water". Believers from all over the world worship the space of Holy Water and enjoy the magnificent panoramic view to Thermaikos Gulf. In the same area is also located the Orthodox Church of St. Paul. Afterwards, we suggest you to taste the delicious Greek cuisine or to walk at the coast line of the city, the second bigger city of Greece! Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 2: THESSALONIKI - FILIPPOI - NEA FOKEA - KAVALA:
- After your breakfast, we will explore Thessaloniki, where Paul preached and wrote two epistles to the Ancient Thessalonians, during the winters of 49-50 AD. See the ramparts of the city: the triumphal Arch of Galerius, the Rotunda, one of the most imposing monuments of Thessaloniki. Visit St. Demetrius Basilica, in which is located the underground ancient “Crypt", the Acheiropoietos Church. It is one of the first churches of Christianity, founded sometime between 450 and 475 AD. We leave Thessaloniki to reach at the small town of Nea Fokea, to visit the ''Agiasma of St. Paul'', an underground corridor, which ends to a chamber, where St. Paul was hidden when the people of Thessaloniki run after him. Our next visit is at Philippoi, where St. Paul preached his first evangelical sermon and baptized the first Christians in Europe! Visit the ''Baptismal'' site, where Lydia was baptized, as the first European woman, and the secret crypt where Paul was imprisoned. Finally, we will visit the Acropolis of Filippoi.Our day finished at the city of Kavala, or "ancient Neapolis". Overnight in Kavala
DAY 3: KAVALA – VEROIA – VERGINA- METEORA:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 to visit the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece. We will visit the church of Apostle Paul and the marble ''Vima of Apostle Paul'', the place Paul preached to the people of one of his beloved towns for many days. We continue to the Ancient town of Vergina, to visit the King's tombs that one of them belongs at the father of Alexander the Great and ex-king. Afterwards, we will head to Meteora. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora).
DAY 4: METEORA – DELPHI:
- Our driver picks you up from your hotel at 09.00 and we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro (or similar) which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. You will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery. W leave from Meteora to reach in Delphi to check in at your hotel & free time for yourselves. Overnight in Delphi
DAY 5: DELPHI – MONASTERY OF SAINT LOUKAS - ATHENS:
- After your breakfast, you will visit the archaeological site of Delphi. You will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre which can host more than 5000 seated spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. The next visit will be at the wonderful Byzantine Monastery of St. Lukas. The Monastery of Saint Lukas is an 11th century monastery, the epitome of the Byzantine architecture, included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. Afterwards, you will have lunch at a traditional Greek tavern, before returning to Athens, late in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens.
DAY 6: CHRISTIAN TOUR ATHENS – PATMOS ISLAND:
- We will pick you up from your hotel at 13.00 to start the brilliant Christian tour in Athens. We will pay a visit at a small church at the coastal district of Palaio Faliro, where St Paul arrived from Veroia Continue visit Acropolis and the "Mars Hill", where Apostle Paul proclaimed the word of the Christian God to the Athenian philosophers. Next visit will be at the Ancient Market which was the heart of Athens in antiquity and the meeting point of Saint Paul with the first followers of Christianity in Athens. Of course, we will combine the visit with a panoramic city tour in Athens, at the most important sightseeing of the town. At the end of the tour, we will drop you of at the port of Piraeus to get the ferry for Patmos Island departing at 19:00 pm and arriving in Patmos at 03:15 am. Overnight in the boat. When you will arrive at the port of Patmos, Skala, our local driver will be there holding a sign with your name written on it, to transfer you at your hotel to rest.
DAY 7: CHRISTIAN TOUR IN PATMOS AT THE GROTTO OF THE APOCALYPSE:
- Our driver pick you up from the hotel at 14.00 to visit the Grotto of the Apocalypse. The frescoes to the left of the entrance portray the miracles and travels of St. John the Evangelist, as written by Prochorus, a supposed disciple. The fresco to the right of the entrance portrays St. John's battle with the priest of Apollo at Patmos, who the story says was called Kynops. St. John threw Kynops into the water of the harbor at Skala, and Kynops turned to stone. The rock is still pointed out as a local landmark in the harbor. Our next visit is at the Monastery of St. John and The Chapel of Virgin Mary: 12th century frescoes were uncovered by 1956 earthquake that shattered the 17th century coverings. We will also visit the village of Grikos, and enjoy the freshness of a drink by the sea, or even a swim at the beach before our driver drop you off at the Patmos port at about 22.30 to take the ferry departing from there at 23.55 and arriving at Piraeus Port at 08.05, the next day. Overnight in the boat
Day 8: PIRAEUS PORT – CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ANCIENT CORINTH:
- Our driver will be waiting at the port holding a sign with your name written on it in order to meet you and start the Christian Tour in Korinthos. Driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of Saint Paul's beloved cities. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul or Galionas, a large elevated rostrum standing prominently in the center of the Roman Forum of ancient Corinth and from where the city’s officials addressed the public (probably because of the monument’s connection to Saint Paul, the Bema was transformed into a Christian church during the Byzantine period, and we will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. After our visit, we will make a short stop for a cup of coffee and we will return back to Athens
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- Statue of Leonidas
- The Valley of Tempe
- City of Thessaloniki
- The monastery of Vlatades of St.Paul
- The Crypt of Saint Demetrius
- Nea Fokea – ''Agiasma'' St. Paul
- Filippi – ''Baptismal'' site
- The prison where Apostle Paul and Silas were thrown
- City of Kavala "ancient Neapolis"
- Veria – ''Vima of Apostle Paul''
- Meteora and Monasteries
- Acropolis and ''Mars Hill'' and Ancient Market
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth and Cathedral of St. Paul
- Ancient Roman Market in Korinthos
- The Grotto of teh Apocalypse in Patmos Islands
- The village of Grikos in Patmos
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- English Speaking driver
- Pick up & Drop of from hotel or specific check points
- Transfer from/to Hotel/Piraeus port
- 7 Nights' accommodation with breakfast
- Ferry tickets from/to Piraeus port to Patmos Island in cabin
- Pick up & drop of from/to Patmos port/hotel in Patmos
- Private Tour in Patmos at the Grotto of the Apocalypse
- Welcome Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- Air ticket & Ferry tickets are no refundable.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.