- All Year.
10 Day Tour Following the footsteps of Saint Paul & Patmos...
Our 10-day Christian faith and prayer tour package is led by professional drivers, offering you the opportunity to strengthen your faith by walking in the same paths Apostle Paul once walked. Experience the spiritual journey of a lifetime, culminating in a tour of Patmos, where you'll visit the Grotto of the Apocalypse.
Explore the ancient city of Corinth and the port of 'Kechries', 'Mars Hill' and the ancient Agora. In Northern Greece, visit the marble 'Vima of Apostle Paul' in Veroia, and the 'Agiasma of St. Paul' in Nea Fokea. Continue your pilgrimage to Kavala and Filippi, where the first Christians in Europe were baptized. Witness the sacred 'Lydia’s Baptism' and explore 'ancient Neapolis', and visit churches in Thessaloniki, Acheiropoietos, and the Vlatades Monastery. This tour offers a unique combination of historical exploration, spiritual enrichment, and cultural immersion, making it a truly unforgettable experience for Christian pilgrims and history enthusiasts alike.
Day 1: Arrival in Athens
- Upon your arrival in Athens, you'll be greeted and transferred to your hotel for check-in. You can spend the rest of the day relaxing or exploring the vibrant city at your leisure. Overnight in Athens
Day 2: Athens - Vlatades Monastery of St. Paul - Thessaloniki
- After breakfast, depart from Athens towards Thermopylae. We have the fisrt stop at Thermopylae to admire the statue of Leonidas, a memorial of the Battle of the 300. Later, proceed to Thessaloniki. Upon arrival, check-in at your hotel and rest. In the afternoon, visit the Vlatades Monastery of St. Paul. According to tradition, while fleeing from his pursuers, Apostle Paul emerged from a high point on the walls, likely through a small door, where the Vlatades Monastery now stands. East of this location once flowed a spring, where he paused to drink water. This spring, now known as "Apostle Paul’s Holy Water," remains a site of reverence, annually drawing people to honor the Apostle's memory. Overnight in Thessaloniki.
Day 3: Nea Fokea - Philippi - Kavala - Lydia's Baptisma
- After a hearty breakfast, leave Thessaloniki to the quaint town of Nea Fokea. Here, we will explore the 'Agiasma of St. Paul,' an underground passage where the Apostle Paul sought refuge from the people of Thessaloniki chased him. This sacred site holds the echoes of Paul's trials and his unwavering faith. We will see the the crypt where Paul endured imprisonment for his steadfast beliefs. Then we will reach at Kavala (Neapolis) was the port of Philippi. Paul passed through with Silas on his way from Asia Minor to Philippi.
The city of Philippi was visited by the Apostle Paul. From the Acts of the Apostles and the letter to the Philippians, early Christians concluded that Paul had founded their community. We will explore the ruins of the ancient sites such as the forum, market, basilica and theatre. In Philippi, Paul preached his first evangelical sermon and baptized the first Christians in Europe. Our pilgrimage continues to Philippoi, where St. Paul delivered his inaugural sermon, marking the dawn of Christianity in Europe. We'll stand at the 'Baptismal' site, where Lydia, the pioneering European convert, received the sacrament of baptism. Overnight in Thessaloniki.
Day 4: Tour in Thessaloniki - Veria - Meteora
- Start the day with a private tour of Thessaloniki, a city with deep roots in Christianity dating back to the Roman Empire. We will have a churches tour in Thessaloniki and other Christianity points, Rotonda, St. Demetrius Basilica, Acheiropoietos and the ancient city wall. Witness iconic landmarks including the White Tower and the triumphal Arch of Galerius along the historic Via Egnatia. Then, travel to Veria, also known as Berea, where the church of Apostle Paul stands, believed to be where Paul preached after leaving Thessaloniki. Continue to the ancient town of Vergina to visit royal tombs, including that of Alexander the Great's father. Veria, a bustling city with a flourishing synagogue, played a significant role in Paul's journey. Discover the rich history of Veria and the impact of Paul's teachings as you explore its cultural heritage. Don't miss the "Apostle Paul's Podium," a revered monument commemorating Paul's presence in Veria. Overnight in Meteora.
Day 5: Meteora - Athens
- Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of Meteora, home to ancient rock tower monasteries dating back to the 11th century. Marvel at the Great Meteoron Monastery of Varlaam, perched atop a towering 1,224-foot cliff and founded in the 16th century. Then we will visit the Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque village of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! Afterwards, we will return to Athens. Overnight in Athens
Day 6: Christian tour in Ancient Agora, Acropolis, Mars Hill - Patmos
- Start on a profound Christian tour through Athens, tracing Apostle Paul's footsteps and exploring the city's spiritual heritage. Begin at the Ancient Agora, where Paul engaged locals in discussions on Jesus' resurrection. Explore this historic marketplace, reflecting on the early Christian discourse that shaped the faith. Ascend the Acropolis, visiting the Parthenon and Erechtheion, symbols of ancient Athens. Stand in awe at the birthplace of democracy, contemplating the religious significance of these monumental structures. Continue to Mars Hill (Areopagus), where Paul delivered his sermon to the Athenians, challenging their beliefs. Feel the weight of history as you overlook the city below.
Board a ferry to Patmos Island, where Apostle John received divine revelations. Reflect on your journey across the Aegean Sea, preparing for the spiritual encounters ahead. Overnight on the boat in a cabin
Day 8: Cave of the Apocalypse & Monastery of St. John Tour - Athens
- Explore the sacred island of Patmos on a spiritual journey that delves into its rich Christian history. Visit the Convent of Evangelismos, nestled amidst picturesque landscapes with breathtaking views over the bay of Kipi. Discover the tiny Convent of Zoodochos Pigi, hidden within the winding cobbled streets of Chora, dating back to 1607. At the Monastery of St. John the Theologian, a Byzantine castle-like structure, delve into the profound spiritual atmosphere and marvel at its architectural grandeur. Journey to the Cave of the Apocalypse, where the Apostle John received the divine revelations recorded in the Book of Revelation. Experience a sense of awe and reverence in this sacred space, as believers from around the world come to pay homage to its significance. Immerse yourself in the spiritual essence of Patmos as you explore its holy sites and contemplate the enduring legacy of faith on this captivating island.
Board a ferry to Piraeus port. Enjoy the comfort of your cabin as you spend the night aboard the boat, to reach at Piraesu port the next morning.
Day 9: Christian Tour at Ancient Corinth
- Meet the driver at Piraeus port around 08:00 to continue the Christian tour in Corinth, a city intertwined with the legacy of the Apostle Paul. We'll make a short stop at the breathtaking Corinth Canal, offering stunning views of its 6 km length and 80 m height before reach to Corinth. Explore the biblical accounts of Paul's time in Corinth, where he encountered challenges and forged friendships. Discover the story of Aquila and Priscilla, fellow tent-makers who shared Paul's faith in Jesus. Visit significant sites such as the synagogue where Paul preached and the home of Titus Justus, a proselyte. Experience the vibrant community of believers, including Crispus, the chief priest baptized by Paul. Gain insight into the adversity faced by Paul from Corinthian Jews and his eventual departure to Ephesus. Explore the enduring legacy of Paul as the patron saint of Corinth, commemorated by the impressive church built in his honor by the Corinthians. Visit 'Kechrias Port', the ancient Entry-Exit Gateway to the East. Overnight in Athens
Day 10: Departure day
- Time to head back home. Meet the driver at the hotel to transfer you to Athens Airport for your flight home.
***Travel Insurnace: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy to cover any unexpected events that may lead to the interruption of your trip. Here is the link to review what the travel insurance covers: Read More...
- Statue of Leonidas
- The Valley of Tempe
- City of Thessaloniki
- The monastery of Vlatades of St.Paul
- The Crypt of Saint Demetrius
- Nea Fokea – ''Agiasma'' St. Paul
- Filippi – ''Baptismal'' site
- The prison where Apostle Paul and Silas were thrown
- City of Kavala "ancient Neapolis"
- Veria – ''Vima of Apostle Paul''
- Meteora and Monasteries
- Acropolis and ''Mars Hill'' and Ancient Market
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth and Cathedral of St. Paul
- Ancient Roman Market in Korinthos
- The Grotto of teh Apocalypse in Patmos Islands
- The village of Grikos in Patmos
- Meet and Greet at Athens airport
- Private car with English speaking driver
- Private Transfers from/to hotel/port at all areas
- 8 Nights' accommodation with breakfast
- 2 overnight at the boat in double/twin sharing cabin
- Ferry tickets from/to Piraeus port to Patmos Island
- Private Tour in Patmos at the Grotto of the Apocalypse
- Private Tour in Athens & Corinth with Licensed Tour Guide
- Welcome Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Entry/Admission fee is not included
- Tour Guide at the rest of the sites
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel City tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.