- All Year.
8 Days Christian Tour Following Apostle Paul’s steps...
8 Day Christian tour package Greece, following Apostle Paul’s steps including Cruise at Mount of Athos also called Virgin Mary's garden, the jewel of Orthodoxy! We will visit Ancient Corinth one of Saint Paul’s beloved where Paul came and worked, established a thriving church and writing two of the epistles.
We will visit the ancient Greek port of “Kechres” from where his next journey to Syria began. We also visit "Mars Hill", and ancient Agora in Athens. In Northern Greece visit the marble "Vima of Apostle Paul" in Veroia. Following Apostle Paul's journey, visit the "Agiasma of St. Paul" at Nea Fokea. Visit Filippi, where the first Christians in Europe were baptized, you will see the "Lydia’s Vaptisma" and the "ancient Neapolis" in Kavala, where Paul landed to begin his missionary labors in Europe. We will visit the 7 monasteries at the jewel of Orthodoxy, with a unique cruise tour at Mount Athos! We will have a churches tour in Thessaloniki and other christianity points, Rotonda, St. Demetrius Basilica, Acheiropoietos and the Vlatades Monastery and finally we will visit the Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora, standing between earths & sky!
Day 1: Arrival in Athens
- Upon your arrival in Athens, you'll be greeted and transferred to your hotel for check-in. You can spend the rest of the day relaxing or exploring the vibrant city at your leisure. Overnight in Athens
Day 2: Athens - Vlatades Monastery of St. Paul - Thessaloniki
- After breakfast, depart from Athens towards Thermopylae. We have the fisrt stop at Thermopylae to admire the statue of Leonidas, a memorial of the Battle of the 300. Later, proceed to Thessaloniki. Upon arrival, check-in at your hotel and rest. In the afternoon, visit the Vlatades Monastery of St. Paul. According to tradition, while fleeing from his pursuers, Apostle Paul emerged from a high point on the walls, likely through a small door, where the Vlatades Monastery now stands. East of this location once flowed a spring, where he paused to drink water. This spring, now known as "Apostle Paul’s Holy Water," remains a site of reverence, annually drawing people to honor the Apostle's memory. Overnight in Thessaloniki.
Day 3: Nea Fokea - Philippi - Kavala - Lydia's Baptisma
- After a hearty breakfast, leave Thessaloniki to the quaint town of Nea Fokea. Here, we will explore the 'Agiasma of St. Paul,' an underground passage where the Apostle Paul sought refuge from the people of Thessaloniki chased him. This sacred site holds the echoes of Paul's trials and his unwavering faith. We will see the the crypt where Paul endured imprisonment for his steadfast beliefs. Then we will reach at Kavala (Neapolis) was the port of Philippi. Paul passed through with Silas on his way from Asia Minor to Philippi.
The city of Philippi was visited by the Apostle Paul. From the Acts of the Apostles and the letter to the Philippians, early Christians concluded that Paul had founded their community. We will explore the ruins of the ancient sites such as the forum, market, basilica and theatre. In Philippi, Paul preached his first evangelical sermon and baptized the first Christians in Europe. Our pilgrimage continues to Philippoi, where St. Paul delivered his inaugural sermon, marking the dawn of Christianity in Europe. We'll stand at the 'Baptismal' site, where Lydia, the pioneering European convert, received the sacrament of baptism. Overnight in Thessaloniki.
Day 4: Tour in Thessaloniki - Veria - Meteora
- Start the day with a private tour of Thessaloniki, a city with deep roots in Christianity dating back to the Roman Empire. We will have a churches tour in Thessaloniki and other Christianity points, Rotonda, St. Demetrius Basilica, Acheiropoietos and the ancient city wall. Witness iconic landmarks including the White Tower and the triumphal Arch of Galerius along the historic Via Egnatia. Then, travel to Veria, also known as Berea, where the church of Apostle Paul stands, believed to be where Paul preached after leaving Thessaloniki. Continue to the ancient town of Vergina to visit royal tombs, including that of Alexander the Great's father. Veria, a bustling city with a flourishing synagogue, played a significant role in Paul's journey. Discover the rich history of Veria and the impact of Paul's teachings as you explore its cultural heritage. Don't miss the "Apostle Paul's Podium," a revered monument commemorating Paul's presence in Veria. Overnight in Meteora.
Day 5: Meteora - Athens
- Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of Meteora, home to ancient rock tower monasteries dating back to the 11th century. Marvel at the Great Meteoron Monastery of Varlaam, perched atop a towering 1,224-foot cliff and founded in the 16th century. Then we will visit the Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque village of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! Afterwards, we will return to Athens. Overnight in Athens
Day 7: Christian Tour Athens and Ancient Corinth:
Meet the driver at your hotel to start a Christian tour in Athens and Corinth, retracing the steps of Apostle Paul and delving into the city's spiritual legacy. Begin at the Ancient Agora, where Paul engaged locals in discussions about Jesus' resurrection, pondering the early Christian discourse that shaped beliefs. Ascend the Acropolis, beholding the Parthenon and Erechtheion, symbols of ancient Athens and democracy's birthplace. Stand in reverence at Mars Hill (Areopagus), where Paul delivered his sermon to the Athenians, challenging their convictions. Afterward, marvel at the breathtaking Corinth Canal before reaching Corinth. Explore the biblical narratives of Paul's Corinthian experiences, encountering challenges and forming friendships. Learn of Aquila and Priscilla, tent-makers who shared Paul's faith. Visit sites like the synagogue and the home of Titus Justus, gaining insight into Paul's interactions and the vibrant Christian community. Reflect on the adversity faced from Corinthian Jews and Paul's eventual departure to Ephesus. Discover Paul's enduring legacy as Corinth's patron saint, honored by an impressive church. Conclude the day at 'Kechrias Port', an ancient gateway to the East. Overnight in Athens
Day 8: Departure day:
- Meet your driver at your hotel to transfer you to Athens airport according to your flight details
***Travel Insurnace: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy to cover any unexpected events that may lead to the interruption of your trip. Here is the link to review what the travel insurance covers: Read More...
- City of Thessaloniki
- Cruise tour at the Mount of Athos
- Vlatades Monastery in Thessaloniki
- Nea Fokea – ''Agiasma'' St. Paul
- Philippoi – ''Baptisma" site
- City of Kavala "ancient Neapolis"
- Veria – ''Vima of Apostle Paul''
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Ancient market in Athens
- Acropolis and ''Mars Hill''
- Canal of Corinth
- Kechries port in Korinthos
- Ancient Corinth & Vima of St. Paul in Corinthos
- Meet and Greet at Athens airport
- Private can and English Speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide in Athens, Corinth
- 7 Nights' accommodation with breakfast
- Welcome Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- 1 Bottle of water / person / day
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Licensed Tour at the rest of the sites
- Hotel City tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.