All year, any time that you wish.
6 Days Christian Tour Greece & Cruise Mount of Athos...
6 Day Christian tour package Greece, following Apostle Paul’s steps including Cruise at Mount of Athos also called Virgin Mary's garden, the jewel of Orthodoxy! We will visit Ancient Corinth one of Saint Paul’s beloved where Paul came and worked, established a thriving church and writing two of the epistles.
We will visit the ancient Greek port of “Kechres” from where his next journey to Syria began. We also visit "Mars Hill", and ancient Agora in Athens. In Northern Greece visit the marble "Vima of Apostle Paul" in Veroia. Following Apostle Paul's journey, visit the "Agiasma of St. Paul" at Nea Fokea. Visit Filippi, where the first Christians in Europe were baptized, you will see the "Lydia’s Vaptisma" and the "ancient Neapolis" in Kavala, where Paul landed to begin his missionary labors in Europe. We will visit the 7 monasteries at the jewel of Orthodoxy, with a unique cruise tour at Mount Athos! We will have a churches tour in Thessaloniki and other christianity points, Rotonda, St. Demetrius Basilica, Acheiropoietos and the Vlatades Monastery and finally we will visit the Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora, standing between earths & sky!
DAY 1: ATHENS – THERMOPILES - VLATADES MONASTERY OF ST. PAUL - THESSALONIKI:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 and we will have our first stop at about 11.00 at Thermopiles in order to admire the statue of Leonidas, as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. We continue to have the second stop at Valley of Tempe at about 14.00. The Vale of Tempe is a gorge in the Tempi municipality of northern Thessaly. The valley is 10 kilometers long and as narrow as 25 meters in places, with cliffs nearly 500 meters high, and through it flows the Pineios River. After that we will arrive at Thessaloniki at about 17.00. You will check in and after you rest, we will visit the Vlatades Monastery, where it is said that Apostle Paul stopped there to drink some water. That is why it is called “Apostle Paul’s Holy Water". Believers from all over the world worship the space of Holy Water and enjoy the magnificent panoramic view to Thermaikos Gulf & Thessaloniki. In the same area is also located the Orthodox Church of St. Paul. Afterwards, we suggest you to taste the delicious Greek cuisine or to walk at the coast line of the city, the second bigger city of Greece! Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 2: THESSALONIKI - NEA FOKEA - FILIPPOI - KAVALA:
- After your breakfast, we leave Thessaloniki to reach at the small town of Nea Fokea, to visit the ''Agiasma of St. Paul'', an underground corridor, which ends to a chamber, where St. Paul was hidden when the people of Thessaloniki run after him. Our next visit is at Philippoi, where St. Paul preached his first evangelical sermon and baptized the first Christians in Europe! Visit the ''Baptismal'' site, where Lydia was baptized, as the first European woman, and the secret crypt where Paul was imprisoned. Finally, we will visit the Acropolis of Filippoi. There you can visit the theatre, Basilica and the prison were Apostle Paul and Silas where thrown. Continue into the modern city of Kavala, the "ancient Neapolis", where Paul accompanied by Silas, Luke and Timothy, first set foot in Europe. We will have lunch in the town of Kavala. Overnight in Kavala
DAY 3: KAVALA – CRUISE TOUR AT MOUNT OF ATHOS:
- After your breakfast, we will drive along to Ouranoupolis in order to take the ferry for Mount Athos, also called Virgin Mary's garden, and the jewel of Orthodoxy. Mount Athos is the place where Holy Fathers have lived for centuries in enlightenment and continue to do so. For the devout, it is a place of spiritual enlightenment, a place of worship, a chance for reflection, meditation and spiritual renewal. The ferry departs at 14.00 starting from Ouranoupolis. We will visit 7 monasteries, for which our English-speaking guide will explain everything about. The duration of the tour is about 3 hours. At the end of the tour, at about 19.00, our driver will pick you up and will drop you off at your hotel. Thessaloniki for overnight.
DAY 4: THESSALONIKI – VEROIA – VERGINA- METEORA:
- After your breakfast, we will explore Thessaloniki, where Paul preached and wrote two epistles to the Ancient Thessalonians, during the winters of 49-50 AD. See the ramparts of the city: the triumphal Arch of Galerius, built in 303 AD, at the Via Egnatia. Visit the Rotunda, one of the most imposing monuments of Thessaloniki. Visit St. Demetrius Basilica, in which is located the underground ancient “Crypt", the most important part of the temple. According to the Christian Tradition, the saint was imprisoned here and died in 303 A.D. Visit the Acheiropoietos Church - a gem of devotion: The Acheiropoietos Church owes its name to an icon of the Virgin Mary, (‘Acheiropoietos’ meaning "made not by human hands ") that was kept in the church. It is one of the first churches of Christianity, founded sometime between 450 and 475 AD. At the end of our private christian tour in Thessaloniki we will reach at the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece. We will visit the church of Apostle Paul and the marble ''Vima of Apostle Paul'', the place Paul preached to the people of one of his beloved towns for many days. We continue to the Ancient town of Vergina, to visit the King's tombs that one of them belongs at the father of Alexander the Great and ex-king. Afterwards, we will head to Meteora. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora).
DAY 5: METEORA - ATHENS:
- Our driver pick you up from your hotel around 09.00 am and we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545, rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! Afterwards, we will return to Athens. Overnight in Athens
DAY 6: CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ATHENS & ANCIENT CORINTH.
- Starting the private Christian tour with first visit at ancient Agora at the heart of Athens, meeting point of Saint Paul with the first followers of Christianity. Our next stop will be at the "Mars Hill", where Apostle Paul proclaimed the word of the Christian God to the Athenian philosophers. We will then reach the coastal district of Palaio Faliro. This is the area where St Paul arrived 51 AD after his departure from Veroia and Thessaloniki. Of course, in combination with our Christian tour, we will have a visit at the Acropolis and a panoramic city tour in Athens.
Continue, driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, to reach an hour later at the Canal of Corinth, with the view of the 6 km length and 80m height, where we will have a short stop. Continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of Saint Paul's beloved cities. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul or Galionas. Take the chance to walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. Then, we will visit the commercial town of Corinth and The Apostolos Pavlos (Apostle Paul) metropolitan church, on the street with the same name, which was founded by him around 51-52 AD. Our next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port". Kekrines were the port of Corinth in antiquity, the Entry-Exit Gateway to the East. The port, from which Apostle Paul left Corinth to start his journey to Syria. After our visit, we will return back to Athens. The duration of the tour is about 8 hours The duration of the tour is about 8 hours
- City of Thessaloniki
- Cruise tour at the Mount of Athos
- Vlatades Monastery in Thessaloniki
- The Crypt of Saint Demetrius
- Nea Fokea – ''Agiasma'' St. Paul
- Philippoi – ''Baptisma" site
- The prison where Apostle Paul and Silas were thrown
- City of Kavala "ancient Neapolis"
- Veria – ''Vima of Apostle Paul''
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Ancient market in Athens
- Acropolis and ''Mars Hill''
- Canal of Corinth
- Kechries port in Korinthos
- Ancient Corinth & Vima of St. Paul in Corinthos
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- English Speaking driver
- Pick up & Drop of from hotel or specific check points
- 5 Nights' accommodation
- 5 Daily Breakfast
- Tickets for day cruise to Mount of Athos
- Welcome Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
At the bottom of the reservation form you will see 2 options.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is convenient to you!
All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and have very good knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but they are not official guides.
You have the below choices in order to have tour guide during your trip
- You can book licensed tour guide to accompany you
- You can book tour leader to accompany you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
- We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
Our tours are absolutely PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
- 3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels.
- 8 euro / person in Ancient Corinth
- 8 euro / person in Ancient market in Athens
- 20 euro / person in Acropolis
- 12 euro / person in Vergina
- 12 euro / person in Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 12 euro / person in Filippoi
- 4 euro / person in Monastery of Saint loucas
- Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.