- All Year.
6 Days Christian Tour Greece & Cruise Mount of Athos...
6 Day Christian tour package Greece, following Apostle Paul’s steps including Cruise at Mount of Athos also called Virgin Mary's garden, the jewel of Orthodoxy! We will visit Ancient Corinth one of Saint Paul’s beloved where Paul came and worked, established a thriving church and writing two of the epistles.
We will visit the ancient Greek port of “Kechres” from where his next journey to Syria began. We also visit "Mars Hill", and ancient Agora in Athens. In Northern Greece visit the marble "Vima of Apostle Paul" in Veroia. Following Apostle Paul's journey, visit the "Agiasma of St. Paul" at Nea Fokea. Visit Filippi, where the first Christians in Europe were baptized, you will see the "Lydia’s Vaptisma" and the "ancient Neapolis" in Kavala, where Paul landed to begin his missionary labors in Europe. We will visit the 7 monasteries at the jewel of Orthodoxy, with a unique cruise tour at Mount Athos! We will have a churches tour in Thessaloniki and other christianity points, Rotonda, St. Demetrius Basilica, Acheiropoietos and the Vlatades Monastery and finally we will visit the Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora, standing between earths & sky!
DAY 1: ATHENS – THERMOPILES - VLATADES MONASTERY OF ST. PAUL - THESSALONIKI:
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08.30 and we will have our first stop at about 11.00 at Thermopiles in order to admire the statue of Leonidas, as a memorial of the battle of the 300. We continue to have the second stop at Valley of Tempe at about 14.00. We have a short stop at the Vale of Tempe before to arrive at Thessaloniki. You will check in and after you rest, we will visit the Vlatades Monastery, where it is said that Apostle Paul stopped there to drink some water. That is why it is called “Apostle Paul’s Holy Water". Believers from all over the world worship the space of Holy Water and enjoy the magnificent panoramic view to Thermaikos Gulf. In the same area is also located the Orthodox Church of St. Paul. Afterwards, we suggest you to taste the delicious Greek cuisine or to walk at the coast line of the city, the second bigger city of Greece! Overnight in Thessaloniki.
DAY 2: THESSALONIKI - NEA FOKEA - FILIPPOI - KAVALA:
- We leave Thessaloniki to reach at the small town of Nea Fokea, to visit the ''Agiasma of St. Paul'', an underground corridor, which ends to a chamber, where St. Paul was hidden when the people of Thessaloniki run after him. Our next visit is at Philippoi, where St. Paul preached his first evangelical sermon and baptized the first Christians in Europe! Visit the ''Baptismal'' site, where Lydia was baptized, as the first European woman, and the secret crypt where Paul was imprisoned. Finally, we will visit the Acropolis of Filippoi.Our day finished at the city of Kavala, or "ancient Neapolis". Overnight in Kavala
DAY 3: KAVALA – CRUISE TOUR AT MOUNT OF ATHOS:
- After your breakfast, we will drive along to Ouranoupolis in order to take the ferry for Mount Athos, also called Virgin Mary's garden, and the jewel of Orthodoxy. Mount Athos is the place where Holy Fathers have lived for centuries in enlightenment and continue to do so. For the devout, it is a place of spiritual enlightenment, a place of worship, a chance for reflection, meditation and spiritual renewal. The ferry departs at 14.00 starting from Ouranoupolis. We will visit 7 monasteries, for which our English-speaking guide will explain everything about. The duration of the tour is about 3 hours. At the end of the tour, at about 19.00, our driver will pick you up and will drop you off at your hotel. Thessaloniki for overnight.
DAY 4: THESSALONIKI – VEROIA – VERGINA- METEORA:
- After your breakfast, we will explore Thessaloniki, where Paul preached and wrote two epistles to the Ancient Thessalonians, during the winters of 49-50 AD. See the ramparts of the city: the triumphal Arch of Galerius, the Rotunda, one of the most imposing monuments of Thessaloniki. Visit St. Demetrius Basilica, in which is located the underground ancient “Crypt", the Acheiropoietos Church. It is one of the first churches of Christianity, founded sometime between 450 and 475 AD. At the end of our private christian tour in Thessaloniki we will reach at the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece. We will visit the church of Apostle Paul and the marble ''Vima of Apostle Paul'', the place Paul preached to the people of one of his beloved towns for many days. We continue to the Ancient town of Vergina, to visit the King's tombs that one of them belongs at the father of Alexander the Great and ex-king. Afterwards, we will head to Meteora. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora).
DAY 5: METEORA - ATHENS:
- Our driver pick you up from your hotel around 09.00 am and we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545, rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! Afterwards, we will return to Athens. Overnight in Athens
DAY 6: CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ATHENS & ANCIENT CORINTH.
- Meet your driver at your hotel to start the private Christian tour in Athens. We will visit the ancient Agora which was the heart of Athens in antiquity and the meeting point of Saint Paul with the first followers of Christianity in Athens. The "Mars Hill", where Apostle Paul proclaimed the word of the Christian God to the Athenian philosophers. We will then reach the coastal district of Palaio Faliro. This is the area where St Paul arrived 51 AD after his departure from Veroia and Thessaloniki. Of course, in combination with our Christian tour, we will have a visit at the Acropolis and a panoramic city tour in Athens.
- Continue, driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, to have a short stop at the Canal of Corinth. Continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of Saint Paul's beloved cities. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul or Galionas. Take the chance to walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. Then, we will visit the commercial town of Corinth and The Apostolos Pavlos (Apostle Paul) metropolitan church. Our next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port". Kekrines were the port of Corinth in antiquity, the Entry-Exit Gateway to the East. The duration of the tour is about 8 hours.
***TRAVEL INSURANCE: We would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening that may cancel or interrupt your trip.
Here is the link to see what the travel insurance covers: Click Here for Travel Insurance
- City of Thessaloniki
- Cruise tour at the Mount of Athos
- Vlatades Monastery in Thessaloniki
- The Crypt of Saint Demetrius
- Nea Fokea – ''Agiasma'' St. Paul
- Philippoi – ''Baptisma" site
- The prison where Apostle Paul and Silas were thrown
- City of Kavala "ancient Neapolis"
- Veria – ''Vima of Apostle Paul''
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Ancient market in Athens
- Acropolis and ''Mars Hill''
- Canal of Corinth
- Kechries port in Korinthos
- Ancient Corinth & Vima of St. Paul in Corinthos
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- English Speaking driver
- Pick up & Drop of from hotel or specific check points
- 5 Nights' accommodation with breakfast
- Tickets for day cruise to Mount of Athos
- Welcome Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax
- All our drivers are professional English-speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides. They will lead you to paths past the tourist crowd and they will also suggest you local, traditional restaurants where you can taste the known Mediterranean cuisine.
- During the trip to Ancient Greece, we suggest you to have local guides in each place as you will receive deep information
- Alternative, you can book licensed tour guide accompany you throughout your tour
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 persons, we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV, Citroen Picasso or similar
- From 5 to 8 persons, we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or similar
- From 9 to 17 persons, we provide you Minibus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- Upon your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- If you are already in Athens, our driver meets you at your hotel in Athens or Airbnb (or from your specific address)
- Also, we will give you a folder with vouchers of the hotel, tickets and contact numbers in each area that you are going to visit.
- We provide you 4* star hotels or 3* stars hotels with high standard services in great locations. Please note that you can ask us for 5* star hotel with extra supplement.
- After your booking we will send you the detailed program with the names of the hotels.
- If you wish we can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
- Our vacation tour packages are PRIVATE only for you and not for other passengers.
- You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
To take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
- 1,5€ per room / per day for 3* star hotels,
- 3€ per room per / day for 4* star hotels.
- 10 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient Corinth & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / person for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
*** Children under 18 years of age are free of charge
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 40 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change between 39 days to 20 days prior the first day of arrival, cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total cost of program applies.
- For any cancellation OR change within 19 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece.