All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
Private Tour Crete, Arkadi Monastery, Rethymno
This shore excursion in Crete is a unique opportunity to feel the Cretan hospitality You will walk at the narrow streets of old town of Rethymno, the Arkady Monastery designated by UNESCO, to learn mantinadas, to smell and taste of fresh bread from wood ovens, to drink tsikoudia...
In other words, one of the latest authentic magical tour in Crete.You will visit the Lake of Kourna, that the landscape is lovely and relaxing, whether you want to go for a walk in the countryside with unique natural beauty. You will have memorable photos here. Our next stop will be at the Arkadi Monastery, as it is the most historic monastery of Crete and it has been designated by UNESCO as a European Freedom Monument.
Finally, we will reach at the most traditional village in Crete, located in picturesque green rolling hills the village is well known for its pottery, called "Margarites". Being the most important center of ceramics industry in Crete this is the must-see. The duration of the tour is 8 hours.
- Our driver will meet you at Heraklion port, next to your cruise ship (or from your hotel) to start this wonderful private tour in Crete.
- Our first visit will be at the old town of Rethymno! Walk at the narrow streets, a journey back to time, the Venetians, the Ottoman aesthetics and the Cretan original pride. The town of Rethymnon was built according to the rules of Venetian architecture. You will admire the Turkish house and many buildings with gothic features. Narrow alleys, kiosks (prominent wooden windows), amateur lyres, mantinadas, smell of fresh bread from wood ovens and tsikoudia flavor. In other words, one of the latest authentic magical tour in Crete The old town of Rethymnon is one of the best-preserved towns of the Renaissance.
- Next our stop will be at the Kournas Lake that is the ideal place for a daytrip nearby. Kourna Lake is lying in a small valley among mountains and high hills. Both the lake and its natural surroundings are very picturesque.The landscape is lovely and relaxing, whether you want to go for a walk in the countryside with unique natural beauty. We will enjoy our coffee break here and you will have memorable photos.
- Our next stop will be at the Arkadi Monastery, as it is the most historic monastery of Crete and it has been designated by UNESCO as a European Freedom Monument. Is the most sacred Cretan symbol for freedom? Built at 12th century, at an altitude of 500 meters, on a fertile plateau with olive groves, vineyards, pines, cypress and oak trees, The Arkadi Monastery has a unique natural beauty, a prestigious history, numerous legends deeply rooted in the time, heirlooms and thesaurus richness.
- Finally, we will reach at the most traditional village in Crete, located in picturesque green rolling hills the village is well known for its pottery, called Margarites. Being the most important center of ceramics industry in Crete this is the must-see. Margarites, is a village with Venetian roots, mentioned by sixteenth-century travelers. It is so beautiful to stroll around this very charming narrow streets of the villages, and visiting enjoy the many of ceramics ateliers.
- Old town of Rethymno
- The Lake of Kourna
- The Arkadi Monastery
- The most traditional village of "Margarites" the center of ceramics
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees
- Meals & personal expenses
In order to take full advantage of your tour in Greece, we strongly suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
Our SHORE EXCURSIONS are absolutely private only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 15 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 14 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece