All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides.
Shore Excursion Crete from Heraklion cruise port...
The special Private shore excursion at the Palace of Knossos and at the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion means you will have plenty of time at the sites as it is flexible, you will have many stops around etc! Knossos flourished for approximately two thousand years.
It had large palace buildings, extensive workshop installations and luxurious rock-cut cave and tholos tombs. As a major center of trade and the economy, Knossos maintained ties with the majority of cities in the Eastern Mediterranean. With this Private tour in Crete, you have a unique opportunity to visit at the Palace of Knossos in Crete, to learn about the rich lifestyle which began circa 2000 BC and was typified by magnificent monumental buildings and a complex social structure also you will visit the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion and to explore the beautiful old town and old market of Heraklion, as well. You will also taste the Cretan worldwide famous cuisine and you will feel the Cretan hospitality!
- Our driver will pick you up from Heraklion port just next to your ship (or from your hotel) and take you a drive of approximately 20’ to arrive in Knossos. During this tour you will be taken back 4.000 years to the time of the oldest civilization in Europe. Knossos flourished for approximately two thousand years. It had large palace buildings, extensive workshop installations and luxurious rock-cut cave and tholos tombs. As a major center of trade and the economy, Knossos maintained ties with the majority of cities in the Eastern Mediterranean. You will have the unique opportunity to visit at the Palace of Knossos in Crete, to learn about the rich lifestyle which began circa 2000 BC and was typified by magnificent monumental buildings.
- In continue we will visit the Archaeological Museum. The Heraklion Archaeological Museum is one of the largest and most important museums in Greece, and among the most important museums in Europe. It houses representative artifacts from all the periods of Cretan prehistory and history, covering a chronological span of over 5,500 years from the Neolithic period to Roman times. Finally, we will make a quick walk at the Old Market of the town. At the end of the tour transfer you back to your cruise ship or to your hotel. The duration of the tour is about 4 hours
- the Palace of Knossos
- walk at the Old Market of the town
- Heraklion Archaeological Museum
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees,
- Meals & personal expenses
In order to take full advantage of your tour in Greece, we strongly suggest you to book your tour with a licensed tour guide in order to get the most out of your tour.
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso or similar type of vehicles
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano with leather interior, dark glasses, and fully air-conditioned
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
When you arrive at the port, our representative driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name written on it and will accompany you at your car, offering you mineral water & tissues.
24/7 - Free communication, with the travel department, via the WhatsApp application is offered, within the preparation period and during your customized excursions!
Our SHORE EXCURSIONS are absolutely private only for you. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the program to be modified and adjusted by you. We can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 15 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 14 days prior to the start of the tour or non - shows, full cancellation fees apply
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to PRIVATE TOURS Greece